Chapter 9: Curiosity Strikes

It was 7:56 in the morning, Eight was awake and was watching some shows on the television.

It has been 5 days since Orion moved in, he was still learning about the Inkling culture. He's actually pretty decent at speaking Inklish so that's not really a problem.

Eight received a message from Marie, he reads the message.

Agent 2

Agent 2: Agents of New Squidbeak Splatoon come to HQ it's an emergency!

Eight panicked. He got up and grabbed 2 pans from the kitchen "This should wake them up."

He then went in the hallway and then slammed the pans together and yelled "HEY! WAKE UP AND PUT ON YOUR UNIFORM!"

Sam woke up and came out of her room confused "Wait what!? why!?"

"Cause Marie said so! Now stop stalling and  change!"

Orion was confused "Where you guys going?"

"Somewhere." Said Sam in her uniform

Eight looked around "Where's Shelley?"

Skye replied "Hold on! I can't find my headphones. I swear I left them here somewhere."

"Didn't you leave it on your desk?" Eight said reminding Skye

"Oh yeah! Found it!" Skye then walked out of her room "let's go!"

As Skye exited out of her room in her agent gear

"Wait I'm still confused, where are you guys going?" Orion said, still wanting to know

"I-It's ummm. W-well will you look at the time! Let's go." she exited out the door first

"...okay then." he watched the others leave

They all left the apartment and turned into their Octo and Squid form. They super jumped to Inkopolis Square and looked around to make sure no one was watching them. They all then went in the sewers and made their way to Octo Canyon.

Octo Canyon

The 3 agents came out of the manhole and saw that something was off.

Octavio has escaped his prison again! (Like seriously though, the cracks in his globe kinda helped him escape.)

Agent 3 sighed, "Not again."

"We're still trying to figure out HOW he got out." Agent 1 said with a puzzled look

Agent 2 facepalmed "Callie I already said this, he got out by smashing the globe apart."

"Oh yeah."

Agent 2 mumbled "We just fixed that globe and he had to break it again, cod the nerve of that guy."

"Ughhh, don't tell me I have to capture him again." Agent 3 said in a tired voice

Agent 2 nodded "Don't worry about that though, Agent 4 and 8 will be helping you search. That is why I called all of you to be summoned here."

Agent 3 sighed "Well at least it's better than doing it alone I guess."

Agent 8 nodded in agreement

The agents then went to find Octavio and capture him again!

Meanwhile

.
.
.
Orion's POV
I was laying down on the couch and was getting more bored for every second that passes by, "........."

I then remembered that Eight said something about rank more and decided to try it out, hey, I have a qualified level to enter, so why not?

I got to Inkopolis Square and there were a lot of inklings and octolings hanging around talking and laughing

I then hear the news jingle on the screen and looked to see what is going on

Third-person POV
Pearl shouted with excitement "Y'all know what time it is!"

Marina added on "It's Off the Hook, coming at you live from Inkopolis Square!"

The two cephalopods announced the stages for regular, ranked, and league battles.

Pearl looked to the side and gave out a confused face "Uh...why is out producer freaking out? Read the teleprompter, Marina!"

"Huh? Let me see here..." Marina then starts to check

Marina then put the news on screen and got shocked, "THIS JUST IN! There is a mysterious looking person just spotted in the flesh!"

"Wait, like for reals?! Is this some kind of new trend or something?"

"Uh...Pearlie, I don't think it's a-" Pearl interrupted Marina

"Whatever, I'm sure they'll be lots of them popping up or something."

Marina then stated "But shouldn't we aware of this strange being? I mean what if they're a-"

The screen then flashed and came back to the two idols

"And that's all the time we've got!"

Pearl then got off her chair and Marina pushed away her DJ set

"Until next time..."

Pearl and Marina then said together "Don't get cooked...Stay off the hook!"

The live stream then stopped and the people in the square grew weary of the strange unknown being

Orion looked up at the sky and was wondering what the strange person is like or looks like

He then sees an strange looking figure staring at him. The figure noticed and ran away

"Huh?" Orion tilted his head in confusion and curiosity, he then decided to follow the strange person

After a while of walking, Orion then lost track of the mysterious figure

"That's odd..." He kept walking deeper into the dark ally way until

Orion didn't see the trapdoor and fell down the opened entry "AHHHHH!!!"

It was kinda a long drop but not that much to break a bone, maybe a bruise but not that much damage

Orion fell down and got knocked unconscious