( fifty )

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

She had gotten to Austin around one A.M. on the 20th of December. Jensen had done that stupid cliche thing with the sign, but his was a little square sheet of paper that held 'Marissa' in blue crayon. When Marissa got closer, she realized there was only one 's' and it was done by a child. Which made Marissa wonder how hyped up Jensen had gotten JJ for her arrival, and wondered if the little girl would be awake upon their arrival at Jensen's massive house.

After the greeting each other (Jensen had scooped her into a tight hug and kissed her once, breathtaking smile on his face), they made to Jensen's vehicle, Marissa whining about how completely exhausted she was. Jensen only laughed as he clutched at her hand, weaving through the streets of Austin to get to his mansion. Marissa paid extra closer to the scenery (or tried to) as she had never been to Texas as wanted to take in as much as she could.

However, it didn't help that she actually was exhausted and her eyes were shutting by themselves. Marissa had been so excited to come and see Jensen's house and meet his family that she hadn't been able to sleep the night before and was running on no sleep the last 36 hours. And the fact that she was finally here with Jensen, who she would always been the most excited to see, didn't help to keep her awake. The soothing motion of Jensen running his thumb of the knuckles of her left hand really wasn't helping any of it either.

She had fallen asleep. Felt like a doofus for doing so, but she had. And Jensen, the absolute sweetheart that he was, didn't wake her up and ended up actually carrying her into his house, up the stairs, and into the master suit. Marissa had blinked blearly, wiping away the sleep the next morning at like seven, disoriented on how she got into the comfiest bed she had ever been in in Jensen's Family Business Beer Co. shirt.

Turning around, she smiled at Jensen's sleeping form, and pressed a kiss to his mouth before tucking herself under his chin and closer to his body, falling back asleep. Maybe an hour or two later, a little scream (one that sounded more like a warrior's cry) woke them both up with a start and a weight landed on the foot of the bed and climbed up.

"Daddy! Daddy, wake up!" JJ shouted, Jensen groaning in fake exaggeration as he tucked his head into Marissa's shoulder. Marissa smiled happily at JJ, who was blinking at her for a second before starting her attack more viciously. "Daddy! Come on! You gotta introduce me to Marissa!"

"Marissa," Jensen grumbled, voice loud enough for JJ to hear, "this is JJ. JJ, this is Marissa."

JJ stuck her little hand out, Marissa biting her lip as she tried to maneuver her hand from where it was trapped under Jensen's build to shake her hand. When she got it out, Marissa let out a triumph aha! before grabbing onto JJ's hand to shake. The little girl had a firm grip that was going to be a great handshake when she was older. Jensen was probably proud.