The End (88)

Two months had passed since that fateful and rushed day.

I had to find a way to get her back - I knew that she had disappeared into another dimension. I missed her. I sometimes wandered into her room to mourn the loss of my closest friend and my sister.

I had to find a way to find him again. I love him - I won't just give up on him. Every now and then, I look through his physical belongings from when he lived with me.

Today was one of those days, where I'd look at his things. I let out a half-laugh, half-sob as I glanced through, spotting the burlap sack that I knew was full of his black and silk-like bow ties. The bag oddly, was partially open. I knew for a fact that I hadn't done that. It was closed last time I looked.

Something silver and shiny poked out of the top. My curiosity overwhelmed my worry about someone going through Bill's things as I took it out.

A journal. A blue journal, complete with silver edging at the top and gold on the bottom half, and an odd symbol on the front. It wasn't one on Bill's wheel...but it was from mine. It was Blade's. Or at least, that's what I called them, with their symbol being a small knife and all.

A blatant "1" was written on the symbol, not unlike Ford's journals.

I opened it.

The inside cover read:

Hello, Dipper. This journal belongs to Ella. You could also call me by another name - Danni, if you will. Please turn to the exact center of this book to read a message from me. Thank you, Dip.

And so I did. Ella had sent a message...but she's been gone for two months. How could she even get this here? Had I just...not noticed it?

And so I opened the book further, and a envelope fell out. The center page only said on it "Please Read, Dip." in big red marker-written letters.

The envelope was opened by my hand, the letter unfolded. And I began to read.

Dear Dipper,

I'm sorry I lied to you about my name...among other things. I am Danni - my friends and I, we got stuck in your dimension. I'm sorry that the story took this turn, but you should be aware that Mabel is safe, living out her life in Emma's place. Blueberry, Delaney, Mabel and I all made it to my home dimension. Thank you so much for the opportunity to get home. To create the portal that is. But I really should be thanking myself...I thank you for dealing with the emotional strain, at least.

Throughout the last few months, have you ever felt that thing were out of place? That you should be feeling something else? Or something was entirely different than it was, say, a plot hole? (Like the fact that Mabel and you had a shared room then suddenly you didn't for plot. Oops.) I do apologize if that happened. I'm sorry.

You should know this. I've been controlling this story - your story - this entire time. Every decision was mine. Of course some things I couldn't control - they just happened as I wrote, as the story took its own life. Such as Emma dying and one teacher being an asshole to you. Oh, and the random donuts that seemed to always appear - anyways, I am getting off track.

It was me. Thank you for being pulled along by my strings of fate, the ones you couldn't control and the ones I continue to write this through. This universe in fact isn't the original - I made it up. In the original, Bill dies and never returns. You and him are never a thing and you never feel true love. This is what happens if you ever do feel for him. You're not the original, is what I'm trying to say.

Bill is doing fine, ruling a cult and being back in his prime, although he is having trouble catching up to modern times just a bit. Mabel is making an online store of nothing but sweaters - people love it. In my universe you are nothing but a TV show character, so I guess that makes sense.

I enjoyed writing your story. I release you of my binding writing, and from here on our you can create your own story. Have fun being free.

Also know this.

Bill doesn't remember you. He hates the "Pinetree"  he knows with a burning passion.

Your Loving Author,
                             Danni Paranoia

I found myself on my knees, bawling my eyes out.

It was all...fake? No.

It was real.

Bill...he doesn't remember me.

Mabel, I'll never see my sister again.

My world was crushed. The two people that kept my going...they would never be part of my life, ever again.

I fell asleep right there on the floor, and a familiar voice quietly spoke. I barely noticed it.

Mason "Dipper" Pines, I release you from the bonds of my writing. Thank you for your sacrifice.