|Fourty- Five|

I felt someone letting me down on a soft surface, my eyes blinking open to look around my surrounding.

"Xerxes..." I mumbled sleepily before turning around. I tried to hold onto him and ended up gripping the front of his shirt.

He pushed the strands of hair away from my face and leaned down to place a lingering kiss on my forehead. "I need to take care of some things." His lips moved over my skin before they trailed down and pecked my nose then met my lips. He kissed me softly and gently making my grip over his shirt more tight as i pulled him to me.

Pulling away, he mumbled over my lips. "Take rest, i will be back soon." He placed one last kiss on my lips before pulling away completely making me pout slightly.

His thumb graced over my lips, soothing it with a soft look on his face. "I won't take long." He promised and i nodded my head as much as i could from my sleeping position.

He got off from the bed and walked out, but not before giving me a glance over his back. After he walked out, i turner away from the door and closed my eyes, sleep instantly coming to me.

"Lisa..." i jerked awake with a start, my heart beating wildly against my chest. Keeping a hand over my chest, i rubbed it softly as a means to calm my heart.

With the back of my hand, i wiped my forehead. I realised i was sweating.

The dream felt too real, Lisa was still alive and with me, like old times. We were having a good time like we used to.

That's when i felt something wet drip down my cheeks. My hand wiped away the tears that fell down but no matter what my brain was saying, my heart ached for Lisa who was once my friend, a sister to me.

Biting my lip, i pushed my face into the pillow and wept for my friend who was no longer alive. No matter what she did, I can never wish death of her or anyone.

I clutched the shirt over my chest and cried for Lisa, for our friendship and for the days she had ahead of her if she didn't decide to do what she did.

She had a mate, so why would she kill herself? It didn't make sense, or was it for him too?

I was reminded of the times i spent with Lisa, she was so good to me, took great care of me and was always there when i needed her. No matter what she had on mind for her actions, it was all real to me and it hurts, so much.

I didn't know for how long i cried, but sleep soon took over my entire senses and succumbed to my desire to get lost in the oblivion.

By the time, i opened my eyes, the clock showed three in the late afternoon. My throat felt dry and i rubbed my eyes to get rid of the sleep only to pull my hand back and it stung.

Rushing to the washroom, i looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, my eyes were red and puffy. Washing my face with cold water, i patted my face dry with the towel before heading out of the bathroom.

Stretching my arms over my head, i slowly made my way out of the room and down the stairs towards the kitchen.

Grabbing a bottle of water for the fridge, i poured the water in the glass, filling it to the brim before gulping it down in one breath. Exhaling loudly, i washed the glass and left it by the sink to dry while i kept the bottle back in the fridge.

Closing the door of the fridge, i turned only to jump back in fright when i realised I wasn't alone in the kitchen.

"I am sorry, i didn't mean to scare you." Nickolai apologized. He had an empty pitcher in his hand, and looking at his unruly hair and plain clothes- wrinkled dress shirt and cotton pants, it looked like he just woke up from a nap.