I Messed Up

As I made my way back to the DEO my mind began to wander. With everything going on in my life, I almost forgot it was my birthday. I flew past a Red Robin and all I could smell is the wonderful sent of burgers. As if under hypnosis I stopped my pursuit to the DEO and followed my nose. After about 10 minutes of waiting I finally got seated at the bar.

There was no one around me, which is a good thing. I don't want to deal with any one right now.

3 jalapeno burgers, 2 double BBQ cheese burgers, 4 BLT's, 5 rounds of bottomless fries and 4 milkshakes later, I had a crowd of people watching me. Apparently it's not normal for a small woman like myself to eat so much and still look the way I do.

"Can I help you guys." I said extremely annoyed.

The crowd died down but one guy decided to take a seat next to me. Great.

"Anything else I can get for you Miss?" The bartender Matt, asked. He stood on the other side of the counter with a small smile.

I took a second to think, "Can I get two shots of tequila. Please."

"Sure thing." A few seconds later he came back with two shot glasses. He filled both of them and handed them to me. "Enjoy." He said then took care of other customers.

I looked at the amber liquid in front of me and took a deep breath. "I miss you asshole." I whispered as I remembered all the birthdays we've had together.

My heart hurts. Having zero contact with my family is really getting to me.

"Celebrating something?" The guy next to me asked.

Not gonna lie, he's cute. Tall, tan skin, green eyes and brown hair. Any other day I might have started a conversation with him. But today I'm just not in the mood. So I just answered his question and left it at that.

"Happy Birthday Zander." I whispered before slamming both shots.

Mr. Matt came back with the check. I handed him 200 dollars. "Keep the change." I said.

The look on his face was priceless. "Thank you Miss." He said smiling from ear to ear.

I smiled and walked out of the restaurant.

It was a little chilly out so I unwrap my scarf from my waist and wrapped it around my neck and inhaled the sent that was Layla.

I made my way back to the DEO. The showers are empty so I took a quick shower. Now that I was dressed, tail brushed and my hair was up in a ponytail I was ready to train. I turned the corner and walked down the hall to find Lena checking something on her tablet.

"Ah. I was wondering when you'd be back. Kara told me Ruby has mastered flying."

"Yeah. She's a natural." I smiled.

"That's fantastic." She smiled back. "The boys are all set up and warming up. I need to hook you up before you go in there." She said looking around on a small medical cart. "I need you to take off your shirt for me."

Hearing those words, I froze and I can feel heat running up my neck to my cheeks. "I'm-I'm sorry what?" I chocked out.

"I need to attach these electrodes to you so I can monitor you."

Right. Right. The monitors have to be attached to bare skin.

I removed my shirt and set it aside. Once Lena unwrapped the little squares she turned to me and I saw her eyeing me up and down.

"What?" I asked looking down wondering if there was something wrong. Are my pants ripped? Did I forget to put pants on? Is my tail showing? I let it relax so it's not wrapped around my waist. Now that I think about it, I don't think she's actually seen it relaxed yet. It could be weird to her.