6.

Dinner was finally done as all of us including grandpa sat down to eat. Because of the lack of chairs on our dining table, I had no choice but to sit in between Hoseok and Taehyung.

"Here Nana, serve everyone the food", Grandpa said. I picked the meat as I served it to him first , slammed it in Taehyung's plate and gently served Hoseok.

Taehyung scoffed at the blatant display of favoritism by Nana. He looked at how sweetly she served the other boy and his grandfather but his food was literally being dumped in his plate.

The men talked while I ate, too hungry to indulge in conversation.

"Here Nana", Hoseok said. "Try this wrap"

"Oh", I was surprised as he bought it close for me to eat. I opened my mouth and he stuffed it inside. "Damn that's good, let me make you one too"

Taehyung watched as Nana enthusiastically picked the side dishes and stuffed them in the lettuce before putting it in Hoseok's mouth. The red haired man nodded with a smile, indicating it was great. For a second he felt a little jealous and left out. Why did he agree to even stay for dinner. Guess at that time the idea of seeing Nana pissed seemed nice.

"Grandpa, you must try", I said putting it in his plate. Just as I was about to make one more for myself, my eyes fell on Taehyung eating silently. Should I give him one? I gave one to everybody else. It would be odd. Plus he helped Grandpa today. This could be a little token of appreciation.

He picked the piece of meat and put it in his mouth until Nana placed a wrap in his plate which was followed by a soft "try it"

For a second Taehyung was taken aback. He didn't expect to be served one too. He picked it up as he put it in his mouth. It indeed tasted nice as a small genuine smile came on his face.

———•••———

After dinner we all moved to the living room. Grandpa said his good night wishes to us as he retired in his room leaving the three of us outside.

It was awkward as we all sat. Thank god Hoseok decided to speak.

"Does anyone want icecream?"

I nodded and we both looked at Taehyung. "No, I must leave now. Thank your Grandfather for having me. I should get going"

I nodded and all of three of us stepped out. Me and Hoseok to get ice-cream while Taehyung was about to leave. I missed the step on the front of the door, causing me to land face side on the floor.

Both men stopped as they heard a grunt and loud thud. They saw back to see Nana on the floor, her knee and palms scraped.

They rushed to her until a message made Taehyung slow down. He looked at the caller.

Confidential: He was seen in Hongdae. Meet me at Timo's in 10 minutes. I have information.

Conflicted on whether to stay and help or to leave, he chose the later.

I winced in pain as Hoseok bent to take a look at the scraped knee. "Hold my hand", he said. "It's going to be okay"

I did as he asked and almost as his words were a command, the pain subsided a little making me relax slightly. Taehyung watched this and something went off in his mind.

This man reminded him of someone. A healer, he had known centuries ago before he was banished to Hell. But suddenly the text occupied his mind. One look at the two, he rushed out of the house to his car.