36 - Y/N L/N

August 15, 1944
Near Argentan, France

Even though my life remains at risk, I feel thankful to have even made it this far. I had nearly lost my life if it hadn't been for Zussman, Stiles, and the medics who managed to patch me up pretty good. The first thing I did when I was finally able to walk and move around was thank Zuss and Stiles.

I had felt the panic and fear of feeling like time was running out when Zuss got wounded on D-day. It jumbles your brain around and you feel lost at times. I'm glad Zuss and Stiles were able to act quickly and well, help save my life in the end.

We're still on our mission to get to Paris so we can kick the Germans out of France. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can get into Germany and hopefully end this war. It just can't go on forever. It's just a matter of how many lives it will take for it to finally come to an end.

We're currently camping out near a city named Argentan, awaiting our next mission. It's been nice having a moment to rest, but it's only a matter of time before it comes to an end.

As I laid on my cot in the tent my squad and I had pitched up together, I was working on a letter to send to my parents. I decided not to tell them that I had gotten wounded, so they wouldn't worry. I hadn't written to them in quite a while, so I had a feeling they were pretty damn worried already. In reality, my wound hadn't really put a stop to writing to them. There's just so much to do and not enough time to write.

I had the tent to myself since Stiles and Zuss went off to get mugs of coffee. I was originally going to go with them, but Zuss volunteered to bring me back a mug. I wasn't sure where Aiello and Daniels had gone off to. Whenever we have time to rest, they tend to seclude themselves. Aiello has always kept to himself a lot, so it wasn't anything new. Daniels is more open, but whenever he has the chance to write home, he takes it.

I was laying on my stomach as I wrote and trying to get comfortable was not very nice on my wound. I'm still feeling pretty sore, but it sure feels much better compared to what it felt like a few weeks ago. It was my fault though that I had felt a lot of pain since I decided not to heal up for the proper amount of time, so I dealt with it even though I felt like screaming out in pain at times.

I tried not to make much of a fuss about my wound. I didn't bother to ask any of the boys for help, but that didn't stop them from helping me, especially Zuss. He was a big help when it came to little things such as helping me pick up my belongings.

I definitely don't regret telling him I love him a few weeks ago. Well, I technically wrote it, but that doesn't change the fact that I meant it. It didn't take him long to return the message, but not on paper.

When it was time to leave Marigny, I was able to walk which allowed Zuss to take me to a secluded spot in the city. It wasn't hard to find some privacy since the destruction provided plenty of areas to hide behind. I was confused since he was very quiet and he looked very nervous.

He grabbed my hands gently and looked me in the eyes. I admired him even though I was beginning to get nervous myself by the silence. Suddenly, he began to smile at me.

"What's this all about, Zuss? Cat got your tongue?" I joked.

"It's just... you got me feelin' nervous," he chuckled out making me laugh, "but I don't mind cause I like the way you make me feel.

"Y'know, maybe I was a bit harsh on myself thinkin' you wouldn't want a guy like me. I must be doin' somethin' right if you love me. Just know, I sure as hell love you too, Y/N."

He then gently grabbed my face and gave me the most loving kiss. I was a bit stunned by his actions but in a good way. It's so easy to say those three words, but I know he meant them just as much as I did. I was lost for words when we pulled away from each other and I couldn't help but smile.