Chapter 16

Alaine's POV
I'm now 5 months pregnant but I look like I'm already 9 months. A few people know about our relationship. Well my family, his, his assistant plus his friend Mark Devanagari. Mark only knows because he kept on asking for my number from Eric, and I guess he hated the idea of another man asking me out that he snapped and told him about us.

He asked me out for dinner once but I couldn't accept. I appreciate his gesture but I feel huge now, my feet are swollen and even though I think I love him, I'm cautious with my weight now, what he did brought all my insecurities flooding back and now with my hormones all over the place plus everything else that comes with pregnancy like the extra stretch marks, weight gain, swollen feet my insecurities doubled.

The Resort in the Hawaii is almost done and work is going on well. He actually helps out with my work load too especially with the business arrangement we have. The media is dying to get a glimpse of him, practically sniffing him out with stupid headlines like.

Where is Handsome Casanova Archer?

Archer Dynasty in trouble as the king is admitted in Rehab.
Where do people even come up with this stuff.
The one the shocked me the most was,

Prominent Bachelor dies at age 33.
Social media has a way of killing off people who are still alive.

A few almost had it,

Secret wedding and secret Archer bride.
But there's no way they'd suspect anyone like me. They are definitely looking for the secret bride but obviously their sites are on models and famous stars not some everyday plus size girl.

Eric's POV
Things between me and Alaine have been good, not great not awesome but good. I want something more, I want us to be awesome but every time I try to take her out she declines and always uses the pregnancy as an excuse and I know I'm to blame for that but i guess if I ever want her to believe I'm a changed man I'm gonna have to go big and prove to her I don't care what people think because she makes me happy but I can't right now, not when she's pregnant and not at special intimate time like this with the babies on their way. 

"Boss, these documents need your signature". I'm called back to earth by Rico.

"Place them on the table".
" Hey, Rico, how do you get someone to trust you again? "

I could see he looked at me in shock, "I guess it depends" he replied.

"I need you to be honest with me, you won't get fired on anything. I know you know my situation with my wife".

With his arms crossed on his chest "Well, if you want me to be honest, fine. You were mean and an arsehole, I know it must have not been easy for her, I know this because I was once a 250 pound man. In a world where for so long we are told you are not beautiful because you have on a little extra weight, sometimes all you need is that one person to tell you, you are beautiful and that is your job Sir, Have you ever told her how beautiful she is? Have you ever told her how sexy she is? Have you ever told her how you feel?"

" Thank you Rico, you may leave".

For an assistant, he can be insightful.

After work, I pass by a flower shop.

" Yes Sir, how may I help you?" Asks the lady by the counter.

"I'd like to buy flowers" and then I remembered I don't even her favorite flowers, I'm such a douche.

"I'd like a bouquet of the top 10 most romantic flowers you have".

I open the front door and call out for my wife, my wife it sounds so right.
" I'm in the living room". She shouts and I see her seated on the couch with a bowl of ice cream on her belly that's acting like a table, she looked so adorable.

"Hey babe, I brought you flowers. I didn't know your favorite so I went for the top 10 the lady at the flower shop had to educate me on what each flower means." As I kneel down besides her.

She looked like she was about to have a heart attack but I continued as I held her hand in mine and handing her each bouquet as I explained to her the meaning of every flower.

"Tulips, the red ones represent love and the white ones are meant for an apology Alaine, I wanna apologize for the way I treated you, you are not a fetish. You are beautiful and I am a fool for ever caring what others would think.

Lilac, these symbolize a stronger type of love because of their color apparently. I want us to grow old and I will always remember the night we high drunken night we met. Believe me when I say, after that night I kept thinking about you and I want to know you more.

Red roses, these are quite common and they signify true love, and that is what I want with you Alaine, true love.

Orchids, represent luxury but also they symbolize luck, hope and love because of the variety of colors. I'm the luckiest man because out of the many people in that bar, you decided to knock me and spill my drink on me. You are delicate, beautiful and precious Alaine, just like these orchids.

The Stargazer lily, you are like a bright star in my life with your sparkling personality, and don't ever change.

Pastel Carnation, these symbolize pure love and admiration, I admire you Alaine, you fight for what you believe in and don't let anyone kill your vibe, even when I was an ass to you and said you weren't my type and that's why I admire you.

Daisies, represent innocence and cheerfulness, and getting to know you everyday is privilege. These daisies signify my growing affection for you.

Alstroemeria(Peruvian lily), I choose the purple shade because they show beauty and royalty, and you are a queen to me, a beautiful sexy Queen. Special and rare just like these unique flowers and I cherish every time we spent together.

Camellia, these mean faithfulness and longevity, I promise to be your faithful and long lasting love till the day I die.

And lastly the Blue Iris, a symbol of hope and faith. You have a rare and unique beauty, just like the beautiful Greek goddess Iris, I love you more and more each day and I'll forever be grateful to my father for the arrangement".

Slightly sobbing with tears in her eyes, "Are you high?"

I chuckle, "No I'm not Alaine. Even if I was high, you once said drunk and high people always tell the truth, and I'm telling you my truth, you are beautiful with all your imperfections and I love you, all of you".

"I love you too, Eric Archer " as she pulls me to her lips.

Wow, this was very educative. Who knew flowers had so  much meaning into them?

He really did receive a lecture from the flower shop lady.