Falling Through Hope

You stood in front of your classroom door taking deep breaths. Your right arm was in a sling and your left arm shook inches from the door handle.

You heard chatter and laughter from inside.

They're having fun. Without me. I shouldn't of gotten in. Second-best.

You took a deep breath and tried to muster the courage to walk in.

What if I freeze time and sneak into my desk?

Taking a deep breath you willed time to freeze but instead you got a splitting headache.

Crying out you stumbled backwards and fell into a nearby wall. The chatter from inside came to a stop.

You heard a door slam shut and saw Aiko smirking from outside Class 1-B.

"Oh? (Y/N)? Are you okay? Here--i'll take you to the nurse." She spoke loudly as if to confirm that nobody would come out into the hall and see what was about to happen.

Aiko calmly strutted towards you and picked you up by the front of your shirt and put a hand over your mouth. "Cry out and i'll fuck you up so bad and make it seem like you attacked me first."

You nodded and tried to press your back against the wall.

Aiko knocked off your feet and began dragging your through the hall. Dazed you tried to stop yourself from passing out as she kept, 'accidently' bumping your right arm against walls.

"Oops!" She'd say. "Guess i'm super clumsy today."

She dragged you up stairs until you saw a sign clearly marked, 'roof.'

"W-wait, Aiko!" You spoke as loud as you dared which she only responded with a sneer.

Opening and closing the door to the roof she snapped the lock shut. She threw you onto the ground and her silver eyes narrowed as a smile grew on her face.

"Quirkless. Bitch. Worthless." She began speaking and circled around you. "Weak. That's what they called me."

"Aiko, I--"

"Shut up! Now, I have a chance, okay? I will be strong. A hero." She stopped in front of you and kicked you in the shin. "You're just some weakling, huh? Where did that strong (Y/N) go, huh? The one at lunch and in middle school. Show me your power, you fucking pyro!" She rolled you over and placed her foot on your chest. She smirked and placed her other foot on your right arm.

You screamed.

She laughed.

She dug her foot into your wounds and moved her other foot from your chest to your mouth. "Now, ssh, ssh. Remember what I said? I gotta keep my word." Her eyes scanned the roof until she saw the edge and began dragging you again.

Your eyes widened and you tried to take her hands off your shirt. "WAIT! AIKO! NO!" She held you over the edge. Grabbing a knife from her skirt she stabbed it into the top of the building and smiled at you. "Grab on, cause this will be amazing." She let go of you giving you barely a second to grab the dagger plunged into the building. She winked at you before yanking off your necklace, and putting it in her pocket.

"THIS ISN'T STABLE! AIKO, THIS WILL GIVE OUT!" You screamed trying to find anysort of footing. Aiko smiled and left you hanging there.

"HELP! PLEASE!" You screamed as the dagger continued to shake. Banging your foot against the glassy side you tried to get anyones attention.

Think, (Y/N)! What will... oh.

Letting go with your right arm you pointed it straight at the ground and grit your teeth. The sound of flame quickly rushing down the side of the building filled your ears. When it ended you saw windows open from confused teachers.