10. Will I?

Michael/Blue's POV.

My blood boils every time I remember Dayna's hurt face. Dayna didn't deserve any of that. It was my fault.

I'm so angry at myself for letting Ashley spew all that nonsense to Dayna. I really wanted to shut her up like Mary did, but couldn't.

The moment Ashley brought up that Dayna calls me Blue, somehow I couldn't bring myself to refute it.

I felt guilty and anxious for some reason, as if Ashley was trying to expose me.

I'm glad I talked Dayna into calling me Blue again, but something has changed in me.

Every time I hear her call me, I remember what Ashley asked me: If I liked it? If I liked it when she called me Blue while I fucked her?

It feels weird to think of Dayna like that, but whenever I hear her say "Blue" I feel something unusual now, and subconsciously think to myself how she would sound if she did call me in the way Ashley suggested.

I don't know why I'm thinking like this about Dayna. She's just a friend.

Maybe I'm being like this because she's the only girl I've gotten so close to.

Should I put some distance between us? But I don't want to.

When she stopped calling me Blue, I was so angry. It was suddenly like something important was amiss in my life.

She felt distant and I hated that. When she called me Michael, that didn't feel right either, but it gave me a different kind of feeling, as if it was the first time anyone called me by that name.

I remember Ashley telling Dayna that I love Dayna before I went up to them and pushed her away.

Why did Ashley think I love Dayna? Ashley had seen her only once before.

I remember panicking when Dayna saw me with Ashley in front of my apartment. I didn't want Dayna to misunderstand. Did Ashley mistook that as me having feelings for Dayna?

Why did I panic? Why did I feel uneasy to let her go back to the apartment right after she saw me with Ashley? Why didn't I want her to misunderstand?

When I saw Dayna calling me Blue with tears in her eyes, I felt strange.

I didn't want to see her cry. But with that vulnerable face when she said my name, something stirred in me. The question Ashley asked came to my mind again — did I like it when Dayna called me Blue while I fucked her?

Will I?

When I pulled her into a hug, I tried to calm my racing heart. Her slim body fit perfectly inside my arms; her dark, long, straight hair felt soft and the feel of her skin on my neck made me want to touch her more.