Chapter 13

The Emperor was in the middle of reading and amending the official documents in his Imperial study. From outside the room, the dense rain was covering like a curtain. He lifted his head to briefly take a look, then shifted his eyes back to the documents.

Someone came in to report, "The occupant of the serving quarter requesting to see Your Majesty, has been held back by the guards. That person refused to leave, still standing in the rain."

The Emperor creased his brow: "Serving quarter? Is it possible that the person is the sightless one?"

The servant answered: "That wasn't the person, this person's eyes are fine."

The Emperor gulped down a mouthful of tea, then said: "Ask him, what is the matter."

The Palace's servant said yes then quickly left, came back again after a while, got closer to the Emperor and whispered something into the Emperor's ear.

The Emperor's heart grew cold. "The Blind Concubine is missing?!"

Bowing while answering, the palace's servant said: "This was exactly what that person had said. Your humble subject conjectures, it is probably he lost his way in this downpour, there is also the probability of him slipping on the wet and slippery ground, not careful enough, he fell into the pond......"

"SHUT UP!!!" The Emperor shouted loudly, "Why have you still not quickly sent people to find him?!"

He suddenly stood up, a few strides had reached him to the outside, in an instant, his shadow had become a blur, covered by the curtain of the rain.

The palace's servant hurriedly got an umbrella, in a great rush followed behind him and got in the rain.

The Emperor hastened his way to the Imperial garden. The stones on the narrow path have been brushed clean and clear to the point of being glossed by the rain. Only a brief spell of carelessness would cause someone to slip and fall. The usual glamorous flowers, ceased all their activities and hung down their petals in the sprinkle of the rain's water. Looking all around, all one could see was the vast expanse of whiteness, foggy and misty. Deep in his heart, the anxiousness and worry all the more increased by this sight.

More of the Palace's servants joined the search party, scattered everywhere in all directions, carefully looked and searched. Suddenly, all the way from the bamboo forest, a voice echoed: "Found him!!"

Following the source of the sound, the Emperor went straight to the bamboo forest, the path under his feet was extremely muddy, each of the steps would create a deep hole.

The Blind Concubine was in the middle of the Bamboo forest, his clothes all soiled by the muddy water, his wet hair glued to his cheek, his eyes closed tightly, he had since long fallen in a state of unconsciousness.

Hastily, the Emperor walked to his place, not even the least bit cared that the Blind Concubine was covered in mud, he took him in his embrace. The body in his bosom was cold, like a block of ice, not even the slightest movement.

Xiao Bao hurriedly ran to come, looking at his master's current state, he almost broke to cry. "How is my Master?"

The Emperor ordered loudly: "Get back to the serving quarter, summon the Imperial Physician at once!"

They brought the Blind Concubine back to the serving quarter. The palace's servant took off his wet garments, wiped clean his body, and reclined him on the soft bed. Xiao Bao stayed by his side all along and held tightly the Blind Concubine's hand, even until when the Imperial Physician came to check the Blind Concubine's condition, he still refused to move from his side.