1 ⸸

[Play this video to see the trailer for this book <3]

"Hello? Is this thing on?" A soft chuckle left a young man's mouth as he learned how to turn his camera on.

"Hi, I'm Kim Namjoon. I don't know why I'm recording this, maybe it's because I'm really happy and have no one to annoy yet since my friends are sleeping at five in the morning-" He paused, readjusting the camera lens.

"This is harder than I thought. I hope I don't break this by the end of the- Wait, is this even recording?" He facepalmed himself, feeling helpless as he let out a short laughter.

"Never mind. It is. Anyways, today is the day I start my new job. Nice to meet you, as of today, I'm Dr. Kim." The name "Dr. Kim." made the man feel proud of himself in a very special way.

Not only were his friends and family proud of him for all of his hard work and greatest achievements, but he could finally feel independent and free while saving the lives of other people who he can help cure.

"Right now, I'm currently searching for a spot to park my car. Oddly enough, the parking lot is pretty empty." His eyes wandered around the spacious parking lot while he noticed a few minor details about the underground parking.

Such as the flickering lights above the garage. How uneven the yellow markings on the stained ground were, and how lonesome the garage was.

Which seemed strange to him, since before he made it inside of the parking lot, he saw over twenty lights were on in individual hospital rooms where he assumed that the patients within the rooms weren't inhabiting the rooms in that precise moment.

"I'm going to head to the building now, I'll update you all on how my first day on the job went. After I finish working, of course! Haha, goodbye, everyone."

He ended the video with a warm smile then proceeded to look around the hospital building while he parked his car.

"I can't see anything. What does that sign say?" He squinted, putting his glasses closer to his face.

Once parked in the underground parking, Namjoon made sure his car was locked and checked the time on his phone.

"5:25 A.M. Perfect, I'll be able to check in at 5:30 A.M., if I could just open this door." Namjoon struggled, squeezing his fingers through a small dent on the shiny, metal door that was giving him trouble opening.

"Excuse me, sir! This door won't open and I'm kind of running late. Can you please help me open it?" The man who approached Namjoon had a blank facial expression on his face.