17.

I'd been crying all night because the situation with Leo sucked

I'd been crying all night because the situation with Leo sucked. I hated that I was so emotional and weak. I needed a break from everything and fortunately, my parents called me home. Apparently, they had to go to India to sort out some issues regarding my grandfather's estate. My teenaged cousins – who were living with my parents couldn't be left alone. So, I was called until they'd return.

My parents lived in suburbs of Trinity. It was a beautiful place surrounded with nature and new age cafes that served all sorts of yummy organic food. I switched off my phone – this was going to be a detox from work.

I was supposed to watch over my two cousins – Ritesh and Riya. They were twins. When I left home, my parents got lonely so my cousins move in with my mom dad. It even helped them as their school was a lot nearer  from my parents' place.

I parked my car in the driveway and knocked the door. A tall and lanky guy opened the door for me.

"Meghana didi!" My cousin Ritesh hugged me when I entered the house.

He was so short when I last saw him now it feels like he'd grown as tall as me. I was feeling short as hell.

Being here certainly brought back memories.

"What's up Maggie?" Riya screamed

Good lord! My cousin sister still hadn't gotten over her cringey cool lingo phase.

"You're supposed to call me didiyou uncultured woman." I retort back.

"Whatevs. We're glad you're here." Riya said. "Now we can fill the neighbours lawn with slime."

"You're doing no such thing or mom dad would kill me."

Jeez, Riya and Ritesh were troublemaker twins. They had all sorts of pranks up their sleeves. It was one of those reasons why someone had to watch over them.

"Ugh can we at least have a horror movie marathon and eat pizza?" Ritesh asked.

"You're such a firang twin." Riya said rolling her eye. "We're having a cringey Bollywood movie marathon and we're eating Indian food. I hope your naanmaking skills haven't gotten rusty."

I couldn't help but smile. I missed these little spawns of devil and their sassy arguments.

"I'll make some of my special Paneer Tikka masala. If you're up for it Riya, let's attempt making Kulfiat home."

"No way." Ritesh blurted. "You guys set the fire alaram off last time. And you were literally making a dessert, an ice cream to be precise."

"It's called skill okay?"

Riya flashed me a smile and gave me a high-five.

Before I knew, it was evening until the twins had helped me get settled.