Chapter 16

Jungkook couldn't say he had really enjoyed his time with Taehyung yesterday but he had managed. Taehyung was the complete opposite of Jungkook in almost every way possible.

Taehyung was bubbly and energetic most of the time while Jungkook was reserved and quiet.

Taehyung was overall a happy person while Jungkook was mostly angry.

Taehyung was pretty innocent while Jungkook was far from innocent, doing basically everything he shouldn't do.

Let's just say that if they were in highschool Taehyung would have probably been an A+ student while Jungkook didn't even show up.

Jungkook had also discovered that Taehyung had a whole different and almost emotionless side to him but that side had never shown again after Jungkook had proposed to work on the song yesterday. Now that he came to think about it yesterday hadn't been the only time he had seen a change in Taehyung, he had seen that same change when they worked on their art projects. The blonde had also been pretty normal and non energetic that day, the weird thing was that nobody seemed to notice it except for Jungkook. That or maybe they were used to it already.

Jungkook had left after some time though. They had worked on their song together and the ravenette had to admit that Taehyung was pretty good in the whole music thing. The blonde had basically made it all up while Jungkook agreed every now and then. The whole time he had remained sitting on Taehyung's bed while the elder rambled and suggested things. Altogether Jungkook had maybe said ten words to the elder but somehow the blonde hadn't minded and just got on with his endless monologue. A monologue Jungkook had cut short after two hours, leaving with the excuse that he had to do some cleaning in his house before his father would come home.

The sad look on Taehyung's face when Jungkook left the ward still remained in Jungkook's head but the blonde needed to understand that they weren't friends and Jungkook was there for the sake of their project only. A project they hadn't finished yet and so Jungkook had to get back there tomorrow to do the remaining tasks. Or rather he was going to look how Taehyung did them and agree whenever Taehyung asked him something.

"I'm glad you and Taehyung worked stuff out Jungkook, he kept rambling about you this morning." Jin suddenly said, making Jungkook look up at him. Currently Jungkook was over at Jin and Namjoon's house after he and his dad had gotten in a fight again. Not a big fight but just enough that Jungkook needed to get out of the house for a while. He had two options at that moment. 1 go with his 'friends' to an empty parking lot to smoke and drink or 2 go to Namjoon. He had gone for the second option and not much later Jin had also arrived home, making the tree of them now sitting in the living room with a cup of hot steaming chocolate milk Jin had prepared.

One of Jungkook's eyebrows lifted a little at Jin's statement. "He did?"

Jin softly nodded his head while he took a small sip of the drink in his hands. "Yeah, he did. Taehyung doesn't get many visitors so when he does he tends to talk about them a lot. It's quite cute if you ask me."

A soft chuckle left Namjoon's mouth, softly shaking his head. "Cute? Since when are your patients cute? If someone is cute it should be me, don't you think Kook?"

A soft chuckle left Jungkook's mouth at Namjoon's statement. He really loved the relationship between the two elders. They complimented each other in almost every way possible and Jungkook didn't know a better couple than them. They both held a huge amount of respect for each other and  treated each other with the most care in the world Jungkook had ever seen. The both of them rarely had a fight but when they did they made up pretty fast by talking about it, something Jungkook admired about them big time.

"I don't talk about my patients like they're cute Joon, just Taehyung. He's different." Jin sighed while a huge smile broke out on Namjoon's face.

"I know honey, I'm the one who brought him to you. I know what he's like." Namjoon spoke before he swallowed a bit of his chocolate milk.

A huge frown formed on Jungkook's face while he looked from Namjoon to Seokjin and back. The both of them kept talking about the ward and Jin's day while only one question formed in Jungkook's head.

Jungkook looked at Namjoon, his eyes big and the grip on his cup loosening a little. "Wait, hold up. You know Taehyung?"

Silence fell over the group of boys, Jungkook's eyes still going back and forth between Jin and Namjoon. The ravenette saw how both Namjoon and Jin gave each other a look before the both of them put their cups of choco down.

A soft sigh left Namjoon's mouth before he gave Jungkook a short nod. "I do."

If Jin hadn't grabbed Jungkook's cup out of the younger's hand he would have for sure dropped it.

Namjoon knew Taehyung?

How?

Why?

When?

Multiple questions started to roam through Jungkook's head, not really getting why Namjoon knew one of Jin's patients. Jungkook had never heard Taehyung's name out of Namjoon's mouth so there was no way the two knew each other in their private lives. Sure he knew Namjoon's job and that he worked with children in foster homes but he couldn't imagine that the elder knew Taehyung from that. Taehyung didn't seem like the foster home type and besides he was too old to even be in there.

Jungkook slowly looked at Namjoon, his eyes big. "How?"

Namjoon gave Jin another look, the elder softly shaking his head in a disagreeing way. "That's not my story to tell Kook, I'm sure he will tell you sometime."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed a little, not being satisfied at all with Namjoon's answer. On the other hand he knew that if Namjoon knew Taehyung from his job he wasn't even allowed to talk about the blonde more than he had already done so trying to get more information out of Namjoon would be pretty useless.

Jungkook's eyes darted back towards Jin, knowing there was another question he was actually allowed to ask since it was more on the personal side than the professional side. "Does he come here? Like does he visit you guys, I've never heard you two speak about him and I've never seen him in your house."

Jin and Namjoon both shook their heads. Jin shifted his attention towards Jungkook before he spoke again. "He doesn't. Taehyung stays on the ward like all the other patients, except for the moments when visitors take them out for a little walk or something."

Jungkook still didn't get it though, if they both knew Taehyung then why didn't he come here? He sure must be somewhat of a friend to them if both halves of the couple knew him. "But-"

Jin almost instantly cut Jungkook off before he could ask his next question. "Jungkook stop, we both can't answer your questions. Even if we wanted to, we just can't. If you want to know anything you need to ask Taehyung, he's the only one who can tell you more if you want to learn more."

Jungkook's eyes squinted a little together before he gave Jin an understanding nod, deciding not to dig further in the blonde's background. If Jin and Namjoon weren't allowed to talk about it he needed to respect that but that didn't mean that he wasn't curious about it. Only problem was that the only way to find out about it was through Taehyung and Jungkook didn't know if he wanted that. Sure working on a project with Taehyung was fine but building an actual bond with the blonde to find out about his past with Namjoon and Jin wasn't really on Jungkook's 'to do' list.

Taehyung was a great guy but not someone who could become one of Jungkook's friends. The both of them were just too different, both personality wise and in their way of living.

They just didn't fit together in Jungkook's opinion.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
Samsung or Apple?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.