Chapter 19

Jue Yu, upon the mention that they were coming from the Palace, without any reason, had a burst of anger.

"I knew it. There are no good things coming from that Royal Palace." He took the sword that hung on the wall, "The whole time we are here, there were never any problems. Now they are coming to look for one!!"

The Blind Concubine hurriedly stopped him, "You alone fighting against that many, we only have a group of children here, even if you are not to think about yourself, please think about the children."

Jue Yu held the sword tightly in his hand, then said: "I will go out to have a look."

Both of them stepped into the middle of the garden. At the garden's gate, a crowd of people wearing black were lining up. Soldiers with swords hung on their waist. The leader of those people was one with dashing eyebrows and starry eyes. Face was of tranquility. Wearing an embroidered brocade robe. On his waist, there was a fine jade. He didn't hold either sword nor sabre in his hand, only a folding fan.

Upon the sight of this person, Jue Yu let out a cold laughter: "Such a large spectacle, I was wondering who was coming!"

The Blind Concubine was unable to see, he busily asked: "Who are they?"

Jue Yu didn't answer his question. It was that person who saw the Blind Concubine, opened his mouth and said: "It's me!"

The Blind Concubine heard that voice, he was unable to restrain his cry: "AH!!"

Why is he coming?

He couldn't help but have a fit of panic in his heart.

How did he know that I am here? Was it General Qi who told him? But, General Qi wouldn't do that. It must be him, who interrogated and forced General Qi to tell. I have disappeared for a long while, I didn't even leave a word behind, will he hate me for that?

In that moment, he had thought of many possibilities. Each and every possibility made the Blind Concubine's heart skip a beat.

The Emperor moved forward a step, then spoke to him: "Go back with me to the Palace."

The Blind Concubine flustered and retreated while blurting out: "No... I can't go back!"

The Empress Dowager wouldn't let him be. If he went back, he feared that everything would only point to disaster. Perhaps, General Qi and Xiao Bao would also suffer a calamity together with him.

The Emperor's face was cold and rigid, he said: "You suddenly disappeared, 'I' dispatched people to look for you all over the Palace for several days, however, even your shadow was not to be seen. I suspected you must have gone out of the Palace. Made an inquire with the guards who were on gate duty. They said that on that night, there was nothing out of the ordinary. After being severely tortured for two days, they then revealed that Qi Sheng bribed the on gate duty guards. Hid you on the carriage and took you out from the Palace."

( t/n : for some reason, the Emperor started to use the Royal 'I' from here onwards. all over. Maybe he was upset when he use the normal 'I' TBC rejected him, so he started to use Royal 'I' to show his superiority. *shrugs* maybe... XD )

The Blind Concubine bit down on his lips, his expression became gloomy : "It was me who begged General Qi to take me out of the Palace, Your Majesty, please don't blame General Qi."

The Emperor's face color changed, with a cold remark he said: "Both of you truly have a deep and profound feeling towards each other. Do you know what Qi Sheng told me? He told me that all this was definitely his idea, it has got nothing to do with you. He endured his punishment of ten whips, yet remained unwilling to tell where exactly he had brought you to. Both of you are the pair of unfortunate affectionate couple and I have become a complete villain!!"