Chapter 21

Jue Yu was guided with respectful manner by the Palace's servant to enter the serving quarter.

His face was still as beautiful as ever, his muscles and skin were bright as snow, the usual haughty and arrogant expression, not the least bit nervous, as if he wasn't brought to enter a Royal House to meet the Monarch.

The Emperor said to him: "The Blind Concubine fell very seriously ill, would you look at his condition, please?"

Jue Yu put up a sneer on his face: "What goodness and what ability does Jue Yu have? How could I dare to let Your Majesty plead?"

The Emperor glanced at the Blind Concubine who was curling up on the long and narrow bed, said again: "If I have to plead to you, then I will surely plead."

Jue Yu crooked his eyebrows, "Your Majesty said it this way, Jue Yu will have his life shortened*. Your Majesty owns the world. To destroy my small Pear Flowers Garden is as easy as turning Your Majesty's hand. But because Your Majesty took into consideration about the Former Emperor, he treated me leniently. This kind of plead, no matter what, Jue Yu can't possibly dare to take."
*t/n : Have one's life shortened : a proverb to express that have one's allotted portion of life reduced by having/getting more than one's deserves.

The Emperor knew that he took the violent breakthrough to his Pear Flowers Garden several days ago to heart thus still held a grudge, hence, the Emperor unavoidably used a lightened manner of speak: "That day was my fault to charge in harshly. If it wasn't because of The Blind Concubine's matter that got me angry, it wouldn't have come to this point."

The young Monarch's voice was lowered as if he was whispering. Jue Yu still didn't feel grateful even a bit. He only slowly took his eyes to measure his slender fingers.

The Emperor was unpleased, however, in the end, he retreated a step, "Don't hesitate to say whatever you want. If I can give you, I will give you."

Jue Yu raised the outer corner of his eyes, "The things inside the National Treasury such as gold and silver, pearls and jewels, deeds for piece of land, those kinds of treasures, not even one I desire."

The Emperor asked him: "In that case, what do you truly want?"

"A person."

"You wanted a person from my hand?"

Jue Yu's pair of eyes were clear and bright: "Exactly!"

Then he added: "I think Your Majesty already knows who this person is that Jue Yu wanted even without having to say the name."

The Emperor narrowed his eyes, "Of course."

Jue Yu's mouth leaked out a smile, "Like this, please Your Majesty decree an Imperial Order to grant me an agreement."

The Emperor asked: "Do you want me to allow him to resign from the government post and go home?"

Jue Yu raised his eyebrows to the highest point, "Who wanted him to resign from his post? If he holds or doesn't hold his post, it will be his own business. I don't feel like caring for that."

"Ooh?" The Emperor a bit confused, "So, what kind of agreement do you want me to grant?"

Jue Yu's eyes were gleaming and wandered about, "Sell him to me as my slave's agreement. The deed of slavery."

The Emperor paused to think, then answered him: "Alright!"

From the sleeve of his clothes, Jue Yu took out a small light greenish blue colored pill. He fed it to the Blind Concubine. Not even an hour later, as expected, the coughing and vomiting had stopped. Soon after that, he calmly checked the Blind Concubine's pulse, then carried out the acupuncture.