Chapter 22

After being nursed for several days, The Blind Concubine was already able to leave his sickbed, also he was already able to eat a little bit of fish.

Xiao Bao was extremely happy: "Master has become more and more better. Given another ten days or half a month you will be restored back to health."

The Blind Concubine laughed weakly: "Mm."

Jue Yu came to the Capital this time, not merely coming alone, but he also brought the Blind Concubine's cat, Yu Li, which was left behind in the Pear Flowers Garden. He temporarily resided in the General's official residence.

Xiao Bao said: "Young Master Jue Yu's medical skill is very brilliant. Also he has a beautiful appearance. Even if his temper is strange, he is exquisitely bright and clever, truly I don't know what the cause of his interest is."

From outside the door, there was a high pitched voice announcing: "His Majesty arrives---"

Xiao Bao knelt down with haste. The Blind Concubine also lifted his quilt, struggling to climb down off of the bed.

The Emperor took a large step and strode to enter. Quickly he helped to support him: "Don't move, just lay down properly." His hand was barely in contact with The Blind Concubine, he came to realize that the body under his touch was shaking and shivering as if cold.

The Emperor spoke: "Why is it, upon meeting me you are afraid to this point?"

The Blind Concubine stiffened his body, faced the other side.

The Emperor's face color slightly shifted. "You still bear grudges towards me?"

The Blind Concubine blinked his eyes, "I dare not."

The Emperor stared at him for a long time, toning down his manner of speaking: "I never had the intention to hurt you."

The Blind Concubine lowered his eyes, not even saying anything.

The Emperor did not say anything anymore. The two people held back their voices and the atmosphere became quiet. Each of them had their own various thoughts. Both remained silent. Quietly sitting face to face.

Roughly some times after nine in the evening, Xiao Bao put down the curtain and told him: "Master, just now, His Majesty has just left."

The Blind Concubine answered him lightly. Lying on the bed as if all over his body from head to toe felt exhausted.  His sleeves were rolled up to his upper arms, revealing the many small bits of the scars.

Xiao Bao pulled and tugged the quilt for him, "Master, you can't keep this up. You are torturing yourself for nothing. Please just relax yourself."

The Blind Concubine did not make any sound.

Xiao Bao told him: "I will go to deliver a letter tomorrow. To ask for the servant from the General's residence to bring Yu Li here. Once Master sees Yu Li, your mood will be better for sure."

The Blind Concubine thought about his beloved cat, his face leaked out a hard to come by smile, "Very well."

Five years ago in the winter, he picked Yu Li up from the little yard's gate at the Cold Palace.

At that time, Yu Li was still a small kitten. Very small. Its fur was withered and yellowish, still couldn't open its eyes.

He took the small kitten and embraced it in his bosom, using his own body temperature to warm it. For a very long time. After a very long while, the thin and frail body in his bosom little by little starting to show some reaction. It emitted a very low crying sound.