17. Not Leaving This

Michael/Blue's POV.

"Dammit!"

Wrapped in a towel after the shower, I cuss at my dead phone and throw it on my sports bag, then open the locker to take out my jeans and shirt.

"What happened between you two?" asks Asher.

"Nothing," I tell him changing into my jeans.

"It's not nothing. You two were so close, and now you're acting like how you did before to her."

"And how did I act like before?" I ask him angrily, daring him to answer.

"Stop it, Michael. Why are you this upset? I don't know if you can see it or not but you look like a total wreck. Your mind was hardly on the game, today."

"You think I love being like this?"

"Then tell me what happened?"

I keep silent. It's not that I don't want to tell the guys. It's just that I feel guilty to talk about this with Asher.

He sighs. "Look Michael, for a long time there was practically a china wall around you against girls. Dayna is the only girl who was able to cross it. Don't push her out again."

"I like her," I murmur as I take a seat next to him.

He doesn't respond. I don't see his face, and I don't need to. I know what's going on in his mind. He's shocked about me liking someone and he's hurt to know that that someone is Dayna.

I might not be the most sensitive person, but I know my friends very well.

I know how Asher and Tim have looked at Dayna at times. They like her, the way I like her. Asher even began to distance himself from his girlfriend.

Now that Asher knows and Tim will soon, too, I know they'll back off. I feel guilty for making them do this. But I've no choice. I like her, a lot.

But she doesn't like me. I recall her bitter rejection.

"She knows that?" Asher asks.

I ignore the involuntary pain in his voice and answer, "yes."

"What did she say?"

"She rejected me."

"Why?"

"She says she only wants us to be friends."

He stays silent, again. Asher and I are not the talkative type. We've never had any deep conversations. He's straightforward and always call things the way they are.

"What did you say?" he finally asks.

"I don't know. We kind of got into an argument, and I told her we are done."

"What?!"

"I-I don't know, okay? She got angry at me and told me I was mean to her at the beginning, and all. She told me I ruined our friendship."

"Come on, Michael! You were mean to her at the beginning! She has a right to call you on that. This is it, we're telling the guys. They'll know what to do. We're not leaving this as it is."

I remain quiet.

⤙–⤚

Vote and comment on the chapters, peeps :) 💙