Yearbook

Fan Cover By @Meep-_-

Amber's pov:

Running around my house, I throw things together last minute like I do every morning before the bus arrives.

"Amber Rosabella Barnhart, why do you do this to yourself every single morning." My dad says, walking down the stairs as I stop what I'm doing and smile sheepishly at him.

He rolls his eyes but laughs to himself as I continue to throw all my notebooks, books, and folders into my backpack.

"Bye dad!" I call out, when I finish and zip up my backpack before tossing it over my shoulder.

"Bye sweetie! Remember to come to the boxing practice today. I still need your help with filling the concession stand before tomorrow's match!" He calls from the kitchen.

"I promise I'll be there!" I say before walking out the door and heading towards the bus stop that was just a few houses away at the end of the street.

After a minute or two, it pulls up and I take my usual seat next to the same friend I have been sitting next to for years.

"Hey Amber how are you?" Sophia asks, while setting her backpack on her lap.

"Good, oh I like what you did with your hair!" I notice the highlights throughout her hair as she smiles.

"Thank you, I guess I wanted to try something new." She shrugs while I grin.

"Well I like it, and I bet your crush will too-..." I sing, while she covers her face with her hands.

"You are so embarrassing." She mumbles while I laugh.

When we get to the school, I go to find my locker and talk to a few people before class starts.

The thing is, I've actually never been part of a 'clique,' as people may call it.

You know, a group of friends who do every little thing together.

I've always just had friends from different social groups who I would talk to from time to time.

Although I do have a bestfriend who I do basically everything with, I never considered myself "Socially Awkward."

I always found it nice to have friends from different social groups because I didn't feel like I needed to depend on a certain group of people.

And... it was less people I felt like I had to tell about my personal life without feeling guilty.

"So did you do the homework, chapstick girl?" Garret, my usual lab partner, asks pulling out his overly organized and prepared notes.

Oh, and I should mention...

Yeah...

A lot of people know that I collect chapstick.

I mean, I don't go anywhere without it.

It started off with a lot of my friends calling me it because there were three other Amber's in our grade, and then, some of my classmates who didn't really know me would refer to me as 'chapstick girl'

I honestly didn't mind it.

Although, sometimes, it was kinda hard when some of them would ask me why I collect chapstick.

If it was just a simple interest... Or if it had a deeper meaning.

Only very few know about my mother.