Chapter 11: Wolf Tales

Chapter 11

I awoke from the morning sun shining through the large windows of Thane's bedroom. I looked at the floor fully expecting Thane to be asleep but to my surprise he was nowhere in sight.

I smiled remembering last night, the first night we actually got to know each other and shockingly didn't argue. Well there was a mild banter surrounding our superhero preference.

~ Last Night ~

"So why do you like spiderman so much?" Thane asked after he fought me over how much superman is the greatest hero to exist.

"Well he doesn't really have any weakness to stop him." I simply stated with a shrug. Thane looked at me expectantly but with authentic curiosity, "Spiderman's only weakness is his identity, he has no kryptonite to weaken him."

When I was finished Thane looked at me with awe and admiration as if he didn't care about what I was talking about but cared for me just rambling on with so much passion about something I liked.

He continued staring at me and I was self consciously squirming about. "Do I have something on my face?" I dead panned.

That snapped him out of his day dream as he cleared his throat, "Ugh, no. No it's nothing. Tell me why'd you choose to become a doctor?" He changed the topic.

His question made me silent as it brought back the bad memories of my sister's struggles and that being the reason I chose the medical field. "I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled.

Thane took my hand in his and rubbed soothing circles with his thumb as he said, "It's okay, you don't have to talk about it. But just know that I'm here and ready to listen to you whenever you're ready." He gently said and I was relieved he didn't pressure me.

"Thank you." I said squeezing his hand in mine as I gave him a thankful smile. "Okay enough sadness, what do you do anyways?" I asked curiously.

He laughed at my sudden shift in mood, "Well I take care of the pack, I handle a few businesses around town and in different states, which is in my family name, I do a lot of paper work and I train the pack." He concluded as if he doesn't do anything at all.

I was confused about one thing, "What do you mean 'train the pack'?"

He ambivalently answered me, "Well we train by learning how to fight in battle, and we build our muscles and test our speed as we learn how to use our strength and agility to our fullest potential." He looked at me wearily.

"Please don't tell me you're apart of some mafia group." I steadily shifted away as I carefully watched him answer my question.

He playfully smirked at me as he suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me extremely close to him. So much for moving away.

"What if I said I was?" He whispered in my ear.

I felt intimidated by his closeness as I tried to answer him ninety-nine point nine percent honestly, the point one percent being what I actually said, "I would probably like you a whole lot more." I chuckled at his bemused expression as I continued, "But then I would just be lying to your face." I shrugged.

"You little..." He began as he started tickling me.

"Stop." I said in between laughter trying to get his hands off me.

"Say you're sorry." He continued tickling the life out of me.

"Ne-" Hiccup "-ver." I glared at him knowing fully well that this pessimistic thing that is hiccups, is going to take a while to go away.