Chapter 3 (updated)

Updated 9-7-21

  --Author's Note: In France teens don't go to "high school", but they go to college (6th to 9th grade) and Lycée (10h to 12th grade). I will be using these French terms in my writing but I will try to include an Author's Note reminder when these unfamiliar terms are used.--

As weeks continued to pass by, things were going smoothly for Marinette. Her friendship with Alya was back to how it had always been. Her behavior in class and with her peers was closer to what might be considered her usual self. But Marinette could feel that something was off, she just wasn't quite sure what it was yet.

While chatting in Marinette's room after school one day, Marinette and Alya were discussing each other's current projects. Before the bluenette could finish her excited rambling about her new blazer design she made a sudden leap from her position on the rolling chair, aiming for a straight path to the bathroom. But she almost face-planted in the process, as she pushed off, using one of the feet underneath the chair as a launching pad. This action caused the chair to jerk to the side, spinning Marinette around for a brief moment before she was able to clamber out of the roller coaster ride and finally make it to her destination.

Several minutes later, the bluenette slunk back in her room, shoulders slumped and dragging her feet.

Alya straightened from her slouched position on the chaise. "What's wrong, girl?" It was clear to the blogger that her friend was uncomfortable.

"Oh, I just feel sick." Marinette dropped onto the chaise, next to Alya's legs, and laid her head in her friend's lap. "I thought I was gonna throw up, but apparently not." She sighed dismally. "I've just been so out of sorts recently."

Alya raised her eyebrows, her head tilting slightly. "In what way?"

"Well..." the shorter girl mumbled into her friend's leg. "I've been nauseous, as you saw..." She started listing her ailments. "And my back has been killing me. More than anything I've just been feeling weird." She shrugged, at a loss for words. "I don't know how else to describe it."

"Hmmm..." Alya squinted and rubbed her chin, looking down at the bluenette nearly hidden in the blanket that was resting on her legs. There wasn't any solid evidence and she knew her friend wouldn't like it, but she had to begin a sensitive line of questioning. "When was it that you hed sex with Chat Noir?"

Marinette sat up with a start. "What?" she eked out, before putting a hand to her forehead, clearly dizzy from her sudden movement.

"You heard me." The redhead didn't break eye contact, just looked down at her friend, waiting for an answer.

"Five weeks ago," Marinette said quietly.

"Oh my gosh..." Alya muttered, finally looking away from her friend, deep in thought. "Could it be that..." The timing seemed to be right, but was it even possible? Poor Marinette!

"Could it be what?" Marinette could hear the hesitance and worry in her friend's voice and was immediately worried as well, even though she had no idea what it was that her friend was thinking.

Alya took Marinette by both her shoulders, holding her steady. "Honey..." The redhead took a shaky breath before she continued, making sure her friend was looking at her before she did so. "You might be pregnant."

As Alya let this sink in, Marinette sat with her mouth open and a blank look on her face. She blinked a couple times. "Huh?" She continued blinking.

"You could be pregnant." Alya repeated her previous statement, slowly, so that the fashion designer couldn't misunderstand.

"What?" Now the emotions were flooding in and Marinette was beginning to feel frantic. "What am I supposed to do about that?" Her eyes widened and began to flick back and forth, looking for who knows what, but unable to focus.