Broken Strings (george harrison)

The Cavern Club 1963:

"Shit!" I gritted through my teeth.

"What happened!?," Y/F/N asked, running up to you.

"I was tuning my guitar and I broke the string!" I said, fussing around with the guitar.

"Well use your other one! We're going on stage in 10 minutes!"

You and your best friend had been playing in a little band for a few years, it was just the two of you. She sang and played tambourine, and you played guitar and sang some back up vocals every so often. It wasnt much, but we had made it to The Cavern Club.

"I didn't bring my other guitar! I'll be quick and maybe I'll make it back in time for the show. I only live a couple blocks away."

I quickly got up from where I was sitting and ran out from backstage into the hallway.

I was suddenly stopped as I ran into someone, knocking both of us over.

"What the hell," I said in a daze from being knocked over.

"I'm sorry miss," the person said getting up to their feet.

I looked up and saw a familiar face. A tall boy with brown hair and brown eyes.

It was George Harrison from the newly named band The Beatles, who were priorly called The Quarrymen.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going!" I smiled nervously. I had always found George as my favorite from the band. Or just because we both played guitar.

Or just because he was really cute.

He put out his hand politely and helped me back up.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" He asked me.

"I was going home to get my other guitar. I just broke one of the strings on mine. So I better get going, we're on in about 10 minutes," I said, trying to get past George through the narrow hallway.

"I don't know if you'll make it back in time. How about instead you use my guitar. We're not preforming for another hour or so."

I was offered to use George Harrison's guitar from the uprising Beatles?! I couldn't accept it, even thoughi really wanted to.

"I just live down the street-"

"I insist!" He said smiling, "You seem like a nice girl that wouldn't break my guitar anyways."

"Fine..." I gave in.

He walked me backstage and found his guitar case.

"When you're on stage I'll fix your guitar string," he said, as we swapped guitars. His guitar was much better and prettier than mine, as he did have more money.

"Let's go!" Y/F/N called to you as she held her tambourine.

"Thanks George, I really appreciate it," you said, walking toward your friend.

"Don't mention it," he replied.

You started jogging away to catch Y/F/N, but George called to you once more.

"Hey, what's your name?! You never told me!"

"Y/N," you replied laughing, you remembered that you had never told him your name after all this time.

"Will I see you after I preform later Y/N?" He asked with a grin.

"Let me think about it," you said sarcastically. It's not like you would say no.

"It's the only way you can return the favor from me giving you my guitar and fixing yours," he persuaded you.

"You might be seeing me after the show then," you called, before running on stage.

-
-
-
Thanks for 1.1k Reads and being #1 in Jimmy Page!! Thank you guys so much!🧡
(Kind of a crappy chapter, but it was the only idea I had🤷‍♂️🌼)