𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

the time read eight thirty two pm

the time read eight thirty two pm. edye and fuckshit were sprawled out on the floor in her bedroom. the guys had left not too long ago. something about getting home at a reasonable time. fuckshit didn't really care about to much of that at the moment. "well my usual smoke sess is right about now. wanna join?"

"hell yeah." fuckshit agreed. even though this was right up his alley, edye liked how he was down to do anything. "by the way, your room is dope. looks like you spent a lot of time on it."

"mhm, i think this is the best one yet." she smiled, glancing around her room. her room, like any other teenage girl had fairy lights, plants, a tapestry, and polaroids hung up neatly on the wall. it wasn't girly but more earthy and she liked it that way.

"i'm sure God said the same thing when he made you." fuckshit shrugged casually.

edye stared at him weirdly as she rolled up a blunt. "okay, cornball. chill out." soon an idea popped into her head. "wanna shotgun?"

"thought you didn't know where my lips been?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"yeah, on my ice cream." referencing when he stole her ice cream earlier. "but i asked you a question and our lips won't be touching."

"well edye, to answer your question.. i'm gonna have to say sure."

edye sat criss cross in front of fuckshit who was laying on his stomach, propped up on his arms. "ready, shitdamn?"

。˚༷。˚༷ ♡‧₊˚

"edye?" fuckshit whispered, shaking edye's arm to awake her. he had heard something down the hall and he was positive it was edye's dad.

edye lazily pushed his hand away. "yo, stop.."

"um, i think someone is here." he was starting to panic as he pushed his shoes back on.

"yeah, it's just the guys." she grumbled, throwing the comforter and a pillow over her head.

"no no, they left remember?"

"shit," edye cursed,
sitting up quickly. "get out."

"how do you suppose i do that?" fuckshit asked, looking around the room as he grabbed his skateboard.

their eyes both stopped on the window at the same time. "window?"

"true." he opened up the window quickly, stepping through it. edye was behind him ready to close it. before she could, he tugged on her shirt gently. "hey, come over later?"

"maybe, i'll see."

fuckshit nodded, stepping back from her window. who knew he'd be sneaking out of edye's window after spending a whole day with her. "alright. see you, edye."

an hour or two passed by when edye fully woke up. she smiled at the thought of her previous night with the guys. she was glad she met them, it was fun.

a knock was made at her door before her dad, mr. carson, stepped in. "morning edye, i made you breakfast."

"morning." she replied to him,
sleepily.

"why is your window open? you don't know how people in this neighborhood are." he told her, going over to the window and closing it.

edye shrugged. she really thought she closed it. "sorry dad, i just wanted fresh air."

"it's fine, come eat." he told her while walking out of her room.

edye sighed, sitting on the edge of her bed. she rubbed her eyes getting used to the light shining through her room. last night was big blur as she had no idea what happened after her and fuckshit smoked. she finally stood, going over to the bathroom to freshen up.

edye walked into the kitchen, finding her dad at the table. "you should really clean up your mess next time. i'm finding it hard to believe you did all that by yourself though, did you have people over?"

edye hates lying as she thought of her next one. "um, just our neighbor. yeah, she's my age, her name's.. uh estee." edye explained as she sat down at the table. sometimes she wished it would be more than two people.

"oh, you're making friends? that's nice. i'll have to meet her sometime." mr. carson smiled. if edye was hearing things right, he actually seemed interested.

she nodded, eating her food. if there was one thing her dad knew how to right was cook. "of course!"

"any plans for today?"

"i think i'm gonna go to this skate shop. you know, buy some stuff." she told him, hoping he wouldn't disapprove of her going.

"sounds good, i'll leave you money."

they've argued before about this. edye didn't feel like arguing so edye simply said, "okay."

"edye?"
mr. carson called out to her. she looked at him to show he had her attention. "i apologize for not being around a lot lately, i'm just so busy and i'm getting used to this town. but there's someone who i want you to meet as well." he acknowledged the tension between them.

"dad, please stop breaking these women's hearts to where it's so bad that we have to move." edye had no idea what these women saw in her dad. he was good looking thanks to her grandparents but what truly made him a ladies man?

"it's not like that anymore, edye. no affairs or anything. uh this one.. she's beautiful, nice, intelligent. she's already been through a lot and i couldn't bare giving her heartbreak. she likes to take things slow and i'm fine with that." mr. carson said honestly.

edye sighed, fiddling with the rest of the food on her plate. "i like it here, dad."

"i do too, edye. i do too."