Seven || Bloody Little Town

|| Bloody Little Town

     Jacy's eyes scanned the crowd in front of her, Stiles among them. She didn't fight her bondage but instead stayed still in the chair. "I should tell you," her focus became clear and pulled from the anesthesia, "you shouldn't have that much chloroform available to you. That stuff is dangerous, you know."

     "We barely used any."

Peter, Derek and Scott knew Lydia was wrong while Kira was just pretending not to notice.

     "Yet, I passed out almost instantaneously. It takes about 5 minutes of inhalation to incapacitate someone with a fair amount. It's not like on tv shows." Jacy didn't seem angry, but maybe a little bored. "It couldn't have been an accident how much you used."

     "Lydia?" Scott asked with furrowed eyebrows, "Is that true?"

     "I-" Lydia had fallen to frustration. "If she was like you guys then it would've taken more to get her to pass out."

     "Werewolves don't bleed continuously, sweetheart." Jacy already felt the wetness dripping down her fingers. The pressure of the duct tape broke open her wound even more. "They heal, and I do not."

     They all looked taken aback, minus Scott and Stiles.

     "How do you know about us?" Derek was against the table again, wondering whose theory rang truthful.

     "Think about it." Jacy could hear her blood dripping on to the floor but didn't say anything.

     "A ghost whisperer in our bloody little town wouldn't have to do much searching to find one who knew something about the supernatural." Peter nodded, believing the way Jacy spoke.

     "I've never been in a louder town in my life."

     Kira's interest had piqued, "If you know so much, then what am I?"

     Jacy turned her head to the fox, ignoring her steady blood loss. She suspected she'd lose consciousness again in ten minutes. "A kitsune. Thunder."

     "And what are you?" Lydia could hear the blood clearly, but forced herself not to look at the puddle starting to form.

     "A person." Jacy felt heavy, trying to block out Stiles telling her to say something about her hand. "I'm called a clairvoyant. It runs in my family."

     Scott took off his jacket and then the plaid shirt he was wearing over a gray tee. He went past the protests of the girls and clawed off the duct tape from her bleeding hand. "You had to leave dinner to go patch this is, right? It already bled through once today?"

     Jacy nodded as Scott tore his flannel and wrapped up her hand. "I dropped a knife before you came over."

     "You're just clumsy, then?" Peter had gotten bored and sat on the table with his feet dangling off the side.

     "Or a poltergeist showed up while I was making dinner." Jacy rubbed her wrists as she stood up when Scott cut her free from the chair. "Thanks."

     "This is good," Stiles said. "They're believing you."

     "What if you're doing something to keep your hand bleeding?" Kira, on the other hand, wasn't convinced.

     Jacy took off her black leather jacket and pulled down the navy sleeve. "Even if I was, bruising wouldn't work like that." She fixed her dress, feeling she'd made her point with the giant blue patch on her arm.

     "How about we just get to the reason any of us are here," Derek said. "Stiles. His accident made all of you paranoid."

     "His tires blew out." Jacy had an idea of the bruising on her wrists and ankles that would show up in the morning. "Deputy Parrish told me so."