4

4

"How was yesterday? I overheard you started working on your project." Ms. Fieldman said once I walked into the classroom.

"It was fine I guess." I decided to leave out the fact he got mad at me for 'wasting his time' and sat down at my seat.

I saw Harry in the corner of the class surrounded by at least 4 girls. He wasn't really paying attention to them, he was looking down at his phone. If there were a group of people standing around me, I might have to punch each of them in the throat. I'm not a people person.

There was no introduction from either of the teachers, they just expect us to get straight to work. The flock of girls ended up leaving Harry and he made his way over to me.

"Today I'll actually take the photos so my part can be done." I said to him.

He looked at me and then back down to his hands, playing with his rings.

"Did you want to start yours now?"

He turned and looked at me before replying, "I'm already done."

"Oh okay, can I see it?" I was just curious to see what he has done.

"Why?"

"I don't know," I said honesty.

He ignored me and went back to fiddling with the rings of his finger. I looked up to see Ms. Fieldman looking at me. I just shrugged, giving her the sign that I am defeated and that I don't know what to do.

A couple of minutes later, Alexa came walking over to where I was sitting.

"Hey, Jade. How are ya?" she asked, but you could tell she couldn't care less about how I was doing.

"Fine." I replied bluntly.

"That's cool," she said twisting her hair. "Hey Harry, how is your project going?" she was batting her eyelashes at him.

When he didn't respond she hopped on the table, sitting on the edge closest to Harry.

"You look really cute today." She complimented him, scooting closer to him. By now her ass was pretty much in his face.

I watched her in awe of the fact that she can't just take a hint. The difference between her and I was the fact that I needed to talk to Harry in order to get a good grade. She wanted to talk to Harry in order to get laid.

"Harry," she said his name in a sing-songy voice. "Look at me." She said, and I kid you not, she grabbed his face to make him look at her.

"Get the fuck off of me." his cold voice made her jump, causing her to fall off the edge of the table. She shamefully walked out of the classroom once she got up.

I tried to stifle my laugh, but it ended up coming out anyway. When Harry heard me laughing his head snapped and turned to me, so I quickly composed myself.

"What's so funny?" he replied coldly.

I understand why Alexa literally fell off the table. The tone of his voice was unsettling and it honestly made me scared of him, just a little bit scared.

"Nothing."

"Then why did you laugh?"

I really wanted to say 'Why are you talking to me?' But I didn't want to get on his bad side, even though I might already be?? Let's just say I would rather be safe than sorry.

"I dunno. Maybe I just wanted you to look at me." I said with a hint of humor in my voice.

"Funny." He said, sarcastically.

-

It was the end of the day, and now I had to possibly meet up with Harry. I wasn't sure if he was going to come or ditch me. I mean between me 'wasting his time' the other day, and me laughing at him, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come.

I sat in the little cave and checked the various apps on my phone. After a while, I got bored so I decided to be a scholar and read The Great Gatsby. It is scholar season after all. Time flew by fast, and before I knew it, it was 4:30. I didn't really understand what was going on, the words on the page didn't seem to stick to my brain.

I put my book in my backpack and was about to leave when I noticed Harry was sitting not too far away from me. I thought he stood me up.

"Oh, how long have you been waiting here?"

"I got here about 30 minutes ago. I had detention." he said bluntly.

"So you just let me sit here and read for 30 minutes?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, sorry for being unprofessional, but if I do waste your time, you're partially to blame for not letting me know you were here." I joked.

He said nothing, and I didn't expect him to either. I noticed that he was wearing this army green jacket that had a couple of badges and patches on it. He looked nice.

"Okay just come over here and sit." I motioned to him.

He complied and quietly sat down where I had told him to.

"Okay don't look at the camera, look away, like you are longing for something out there,"

I took a couple of shots from different angles.

"Those look nice. Now, model for me. Do whatever makes you comfortable,"

He turned his head and looked me straight in the eye. Once again, my heart stopped. I took the camera and positioned it, making sure it would focus on him, capturing all of the beauty that he possesses.

"Wow," I said looking at the photos in my camera. "These look...amazing. The green of the jacket complements your eyes really well. It makes them look...youthful." I complimented.

"Are my eyes not usually youthful?" he asks picking up his things.

"I don't know. I've never really paid attention until now," I told him. "So I guess we finished. I just have to edit the photo a bit, and then we can hand it in. But I could just do that at home." I said, speaking to myself honestly while picking up my stuff.

When I turned around, Harry was long gone.