Crossing The Line.

Zelda and Link were packing their supplies in their saddle bags as they prepared to journey all the way to Zora's Domain. It would take them at least three days to travel there by horse and another day to make the rest on foot. Zelda was extremely excited, not because they were visiting Zora's Domain, but because she knew that region was famous for its mountains and that there was quite a few places couples went to be alone. She knew that she was a Princess and that it was wrong of her to think about such things but ever since the girls night, she realised that most people got to do things that she had never experienced before. She had thought this through over and over again. Zelda knew that she loved Link so much that she didn't care if she broke the rules for him. That evening, she made an adjustment to the map they would be following. She made sure that they passed through the mountains.

Link was rather nervous, he had not told Mipha about his relationship with Zelda and he was sure that Zelda had not told her. Link knew years ago that Mipha had fancied him, but he still saw her as his friend. And now, Mipha was coming of age and soon she would have to pick a husband, how would she react if Link said no? He couldn't exactly say, 'sorry Mipha, I'm kind of involved with The Princess of Hyrule'. But Link had to admit that he was looking forward to the trip there, he too had heard about the mountain's secluded spaces... He let his mind wander before he blocked those thoughts out.

***

"I heard that Lady Mipha is gathering materials to make her Zora Armour..." Zelda chuckled and looked at Link, "and I also heard that it is suited to a Hylian..." She raised her eyebrows in a questioning manor.

"Where do you hear these things?" Link asked playfully, acting shocked at the news.

"I have my ways... Know what else I heard?" She teased.

"Well it would be a miracle if I did"

"I heard that said Hylian will be arriving in Zora's Domain in the next few days... I can't help but wonder..." Zelda trailed off with a cheeky smile.

Link just rolled his eyes before she spoke again, "What are you going to say?"

Link was no longer finding this funny. He just felt terribly awkward... He loved Zelda but he knew for a fact that they would never be able to be themselves in public. Mipha was his best friend and he didn't want to hurt her feelings, as well as make her search for a husband she didn't love. He could eventually see himself being comfortable with a romantic relationship with her but that could take years for him to get to grips with. He had know Mipha since they were children and they had done everything together, but the idea of them being intimate was just wrong, at least Link felt that way.

"No, of course. But I must at least tell her why..." Link looked to Zelda, searching for permission to tell Mipha about their secret relationship. Zelda understood and nodded to him, knowing it was wrong to keep this from her friend.

***

Zelda buzzed with excitement as they neared the stable where they would board their horses and continue up to the mountains. She knew it was wrong, she was a Princess, and thus it was wrong on many levels. For one, she was having a relationship with a man who wasn't of noble blood, which law made clear she should. Secondly, she wanted an intimate relationship before marriage. Thirdly, she was the incarnation of the Goddess Hylia and who knows how people would react if they knew that she was unpure? But that didn't stop her from being excited...

To her dismay, Link suggested they stay the night at the stable because the mountains could be hard to climb in the dark. Zelda was honestly disappointed, but that didn't last long, that meant she and Link could spend the entire day together...

Night fell and the stable crew doused the lamps, leaving the place in darkness and only the wind could be heard outside. Zelda checked that no one was looking before she slipped into Link's bed and drew the curtains. They had become so accustomed to sleeping in the same bed that they felt uncomfortable if the other wasn't there. And by that time, they had still managed to keep it a secret from the world...