Part 6

Chapter 6

"What are you doing?" she turned to face as she heard the familiar annoyed voice "Nothing. Where were you? it's late ." she replied as Kai opened the door of balcony coming near her "that's none of your business" He said as he looked up at the night sky "As a matter of fact it is, but I won't force you to tell me" RV smirked at him to which he just glared her "I got something for you." she said as she came back from the room.

"The schedules and other stuff that I had to do alone because someone won't cooperate. It got budgets as well. If you need anything else or if something is missing according to you, just let me know normally, if you can do that" she added with a chuckle while Kai went through the pages. He just nodded as he handed the file back to her making her look at him to which Kai just looked away feeling a bit weird.

"It pains you, doesn't it?" She whispered "What ?" he raised his brow confused "It pains you that you couldn't find a flaw in my work. I can see that in your eyes." she sighed "That's absurd. " Kai said taken aback but hid it pretty well. "You know what?? you aren't that good at hiding emotions, so stop pretending it will save your energy. Just an advice. " she said as she left.

"I cannot place my finger at what it is... but there is something weird about this girl..." Kai thought as he sat on his bed.

"You had dinner ?" he heard her voice breaking his chain of thoughts "Yes" he said looking at her trying to figure out what it was that gave him vibes of something being wrong, as she walked up to him and bent down to face him " you are.. a good liar!" Looking directly in his crimson eyes for a moment. Kai took back as he could swear on god that he saw her eyes change color from brown to green and then back to brown.

"Maybe trick of the light." he thought as he looked around the room "eat" she said as she passed him the plate.

"I am not hungry and you... " he groaned just to be cut off "Look the team being in good health is my responsibility okay? I wouldn't have spared a glance at you if you weren't part of the team, so please could you just eat without bringing your ego in between and let me do my work?" She said calmly. "I am not leaving you at peace before you finish it, so the choice is yours" she said as he didn't touch the plate "What's your problem?" he groaned still not giving in. "Right now, it's a grown-up so-called matured adult being a kid!" she said. "I am talking about you, in case you missed my sarcasm." she added, to which he just took the plate from her and ate.

"See was that wasn't hard now was it?" she smiled at him as he finished taking plates away from him "Whatever." he groaned.

"goodnight!!" she said as they slipped in their respective beds to which he just turned his back to her.

"Such a baby." she rolled her eyes "Did you say anything?" he asked, raising his brow. "Yeah, I did. I said Goodnight." she said making a face to which the reply never came as he pretended to sleep.