CHAPTER 21

*two months later*

RUBY'S POV
/door bell/

I was hoping for Elly. I went to open the door and it made my smile dropped.

"hi, I didn't mean to bother but-"

"what do you want ?" i said while crossing my hands as I raised my left eyebrows.

she smiled hesitantly while peeking through the living room, probably expecting me to let her in

I was about to say no when she bend down to take two bottle of wines that looked expensive when I noticed her stomach. It was huge. I know I was mad at her but letting a pregnant lady stand outside too long in this hot weather? No, I'm not that mean. I let her in politely in the living room.

"so like i said earlier, i didn't mean to bother you... well.... haha....as you can see that I'm carrying a baby with me and uhm" then she continued laughing nervously.

the way she speaks as if she wants to tell me something but she was quite hesitant.

" I know, It's kinda shocking but I want you to-"

"IS THIS ELLAYAH'S KID THAT YOU'RE CARRYING, CHARMAINE?" I stood and kinda freaked out. It suddenly come across my mind about it and as much as I'm mad, I couldn't show my anger but my eyes definitely did react. yupe, tears were rolling down my cheeks instantly.

"what?" she said with a surprise look on her face.

"OH MY GOSH! Why?" I started crying without waiting for her to respond properly.

"wait no! " she stood up while holding her baby bumps.

hahaha, you're funny" she said while laughing and then she wipe my tears off  with her hands

"First of all, This kid in me is not Elly's kid. Its Brandon's and I'm here because I need your favour."

"oh, I thought.......I uhm....... sorry" I said. I felt stupid for jumping into conclusion.

it's okay, I just wanted to let you know that I've got the envolope of my baby's gender and I kinda need your help" She said while sitting close to me.

"I needed someone to help me with the gender reveal party, Claudia said you'd be the perfect person to arrange the party. So I thought maybe you could help me with the arrangements and kinda surprise me at the same time."

"oh..."

"so? are you willing to help me?"

"I would glad to help you"

ELLAYAH'S POV

As I were about to open the door, I heard Ruby giggling with someone else, but it was obviously a women's voice.

"Ruby?" I said while opening the doors. I walk towards their giggles and was not expecting to see charmine.

"charmaine?" I was surprise to see them together. Ruby keep mentioning about her ever since the text, and usually we'd even ended up arguing about it. I was surprised to see them talking and laughing with each other. I was also shocked to see charmaine with a big belly, she's obviously pregnant.

"hi baby, can you please hand me the cookies i kept on the dining table? Charmaine, you must taste it"

"uhmm okay" I said while I walked away.

hours later charmaine left, Ruby on the other hand was busy calling and baking all of sudden.

"uhm babe? what are you doing?"

"baking, can't you see?"

"okay but why?"

"Oh sorry, I was too busy that I almost forget to let you know that Charmaine wanted me to held her surprise gender reveal"

"and when is it?" I said crossing my arms while staring at her.

"next week, June 12th"

"you do know that we're going to boracay next week on 11th?"

"Omg! I almost forget! pero I can't back out like this! uhm..... can we postponed it?"

"you know how busy i am, I had to cancel some of my important meetings just for this vacay. I can't just postponed it for charmaine"

she rolled her eyes and said "cancel it."

RUBY'S POV

Elly was mad at me. as soon as I told him to cancel our trip, he walked away and bang his room door roughly.

I instantly felt bad and immediately called charmaine to ask wether we could change the date of it. She was all okay about changing the date and decided to do it on the 20th.

I baked some cakes and decided to bring some for elly to his room.

"ara-ouch!" I said when I banged the wine bottle that charmaine brought. Brandon owns a fancy restaurant at Manila and the main attraction of it is their wines. I have never taste them before.

"inom ko nga to ng konte" I said as I pour them abit in a glass.

"sarap! isa pa nga" I said while i drink more.

I keep drinking till I started feeling tipsy.

"Elly! My Love!!!!! this is so delicious. come taste this" I yell while raising ths volume of the radio to dance.