Chapter Eleven

We walked for a while before we came up to a small wooden cabin. It wasn't large in scale but I didn't seem like there were other Cats in the territory either. Did they live in packs?

The male I was following stayed in his human form naked. My wolf didn't feel comfortable and made sure to keep his distance. The entire journey had both of us tense and looking for ways to escape. Every time I would make a slight move to the side the Cat would growl low, warning me. I didn't know how I continued to find trouble but I was attracting it too much lately.

The cabin had what looked like a separate shed attached to it along with a bike looking thing sitting out front. I had never seen a bike outside of pictures and the small ones the pups sometimes rode around in the house on, but this one was much bigger and thicker looking. The cabin had a small enclosed porch and I watched tentatively as the larger male walked up to the few steps to the door and motioned for me to follow. I made slow steps toward him, still unsure if I should continue listening or risk my luck. My wolf wasn't keen on our situation but he knew our luck wasn't very good so together we moved forward. As he reached the door the Cat made a move towards me causing me to jump, startled by his fast movements. I must have jumped forward because I soon felt him kicking my behind to hurry me along. I held back my growl at his roughness. I turned around putting my back to the rest of the house not caring to look around. I wouldn't give him an opportunity to strike me unaware.

"Shift." Everyone was so demanding. My wolf bristled at the command and I didn't blame him. It wasn't safe to shift, and my wolf was fighting me.

The Cat growled and I gauged how much punishment I would get if I didn't obey.

"Listen dog, if you don't shift those teeth will come out." His nonchalant response made me take a step back, away from him. I
His threats felt real and my ears flattened against my head.

After a tense minute with him staring at me and rolling his eyes, I decided it was best to shift. If I cooperated I might be let go. I felt my bones crack as my shift took over me. It was painful, but I was starting to grow accustomed to it. Hopefully, with more practice, it would become less.

As I finished, I stood uncomfortably in front of the much bigger Cat. I barely came up to his collar bone and I kept my gaze averted.

Without thinking I tried to cover my small body with my arms, feeling too exposed under the scrutinizing gaze of the male before me. He was staring too hard and was far too silent. I didn't like it. Shuffling a bit, I took an unconscious step backward. He was between the exit and me. The hallway was much to narrow for me to escape, but the rest of the house seemed fairly large. I was sure there'd be a second exit.

"What the hell did they do to you?" I wasn't sure if he was talking to me, or if I was even meant to hear his words but the shock in his voice was unmistakable.

Grabbing my chin he thrust my head to the side forcing me to stumble slightly. "To think that wolves treated their own so poorly." He chuckled lightly at his own words. "For an Omega to look like this, what did you do? Kill someone? Fuck someone's mate? Have a pup without being mated?" As he spoke humor laced his words, taunting me. I felt his hand trace my shame on my neck and my lip quivered. The pain was still present, the remainder still fresh. I closed my eyes against the tears that have yet to be shed because I had been in my wolf form. The howl that had been suppressed now clogged my throat as a sob. I took in a breath trying to steady my rampant emotions from overtaking me.

"So dog, tell me why you're branded, and I might show you some mercy." He turned my head up and I looked into his cat-like eyes. How was I to tell him what he wanted to know? Would he brand me as well for my inability to communicate?