Introduction

Bear

"Oh, pussy ass nigga you think you played me, huh," Delilah screamed standing over my bed with a big as Draco Gun in her hands pointed directly at me. I was breathing hard as fuck by now because I was panicking like a motherfucker. I really thought she was about to shoot me and my pregnant wife at that very moment. "Delilah, calm the fuck down. It's not what it looks like," I said trying my best to explain my self. To be honest, she didn't want to hear shit I had to say but I couldn't just let her kill me either. That's when my little girl Zady ran into our bedroom with tears in her eyes screaming, "Please, Delilah, don't shoot my mama and daddy, Please." By now she was holding onto Delilah's leg pleading for our lives. Delilah looked down at Zady with tears running down her face as she stood there contemplating should she take my life first or not. That's when Zariah rushed Delilah knocking her and Zady to the floor.

Soon as I saw them hit the floor I rushed to snatch the gun out of Delilah's hand but by this time Kash had already walked his ass into my bedroom. "Get your fucking hands off of her he yelled as he pointed his 9mm. at my head. Only problem was I was confused as fuck and didn't even understand why the fuck he was here. That's when I stood up straight letting the Draco go and all I could hear was my daughter Zady screaming at the top of her lungs as she cried for them to spare our lives. At this very moment, my life flashed before my eyes and all I could think is (I'm a dead man).

***

This was only the ending of everything that had gone down. They say envy will make someone damn near kill you. Envy is what causes a motherfucker to hate on this next man. It's when another man wants what they see the next man got or have. See shit like that just didn't run through my blood, I was never the type of nigga who hated on the next. Because It was like this for me, anything I saw another nigga with, I felt like I could get the exact same thing and more. As long as I was willing to work hard for it I knew it would eventually come to me. As I stood there with my life flashing before my eyes I started to reminisce on some of the things my father had tried to put me up on.

Well, That's just some of the shit that goes on in this story. I'm Bear, by the way, most niggas in the hood never knew my real name which is Bernard Johnson Jr. I hated that name and I tried my best to keep it buried underneath with all the rest of my insecurities. Seeing how all the shit went down It's still a little crazy. They say that some people that hang around you might not be for you and they only hanging around you just to make sure you're not doing any better than them. Now I believe every word my old man once said to me before he passed away. He would always say, "Bear, be careful of the company you keep." My father I mean to say, His name was Bernard Johnson just like mines and everyone in the hood always remind me just how much I look and act just like him when he was younger. To be honest, I didn't see it, not one bit. I always thought I looked just like my mother. From her light colored skin tone to her beautiful smile. Mary Johnson is my mother's name and she is still living here in Jacksonville but now she is living a Godly life unlike myself.

***

The night before everything went down I was living every man's dream. I had a mistress on the side and a wife at home. Only thing I was wrong for is not telling my mistresses the truth about her being my mistresses in the first place. See that's how the game got fucked up and not to mention all the shit a nigga had going on with the crew which caused me to lose force and get caught up. It was days that I would only feel like the good shit I had going on would never end, until the day my wife found out everything. I'm let Delilah, tell you guys a little about how the shit played out from the beginning.