happy and sad

(Harry's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

"Ron, we better get going." Hermione said.

"Alright." Ron had a nervous look to his face.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked

"Uh... we'll call you when we get there," Hermione said, "Well, I will seeing as Ron has no idea how to use a phone."

"Okay, will you be back today?" Harry asked.

"No, probably not but we will be tomorrow." Ron said.

"Okay." Harry was a bit upset that they were leaving but it was probably important. He knew Ron and Hermione wouldn't leave him unless it was important.

"We'll see you tomorrow mate." Ron hugged Harry.

"Yes, bye Harry, Draco." Hermione gave both of them a hug.

They left and Harry couldn't wait to be alone with Draco. He had a question he wanted to ask Draco but decided it could wait. Harry found himself staring into those beautiful, silver eyes. Harry got lost in those eyes. They were so... so... mysterious. They were filled with so many different things but right now... it was love. Harry saw love in Draco's eyes as he stared into them.

"Baby?" Draco asked

"Hm?" Harry was shaken from his trance.

"You alright?" Draco asked, running his hands through Harry's hair. Harry loved this, he could sit and let Draco run his hands through his hair all day.

"Your eyes are so pretty."

"Why, thank you." Draco kissed Harry on the forehead. Harry was about to lean up to Draco's lips but someone walked in.

"Dr. Malfoy?" A lady asked.

"Hello Theresa. How are you?" Draco greeted, standing up.

"I'm good thank you. I just came in here to ask you if you wanted to have the rest of the day off? You've been here more than you should've been over the past few days and you've done a lot of work."

"That would be great. Thank you so much Theresa." Draco sounded delighted.

"If I were you, I'd take your uniform off so people don't get confused."

"I have spare clothes in my locker. Once again, thank you."

"No problem Dr. Malfoy. Hard work pays off." Theresa smiled and left the room. Harry was so happy. He had Draco all to himself for the rest of the day.

"I guess you're stuck with me for the rest of the day." Draco chuckled

"There isn't a better way I'd want to spend it." Harry leant up and kissed Draco. Harry pulled away but Draco pushed Harry's head up back to his face.

"I'm just gonna get changed okay baby." Draco put his forehead against Harry's.

"Don't take too long."

"I won't, I promise." Draco kissed Harry's forehead and left.

Harry pulled Draco's sweater over his hands. He was more built than Draco but Draco was taller by quite a bit. If there was one thing Harry hadn't gained, it was height. Harry was always slightly self-conscious about his height but he decided that being short was okay for now. He got forehead kisses from Dray, he got to wear Dray's sweaters which would always be too big for him and he got to listen to Dray's heart every time they hugged. Harry loved Draco. It was as simple as that. Love. Pure love. Yes, their pasts were troubled but why did that have to matter now. Harry knew that when he was with Draco, he was safe, nothing could get him or hurt him. Harry's heart was still in pieces from the war, from Sirius, from Remus, from Fred, from Dobby, from Dumbledore and everyone else that died. But slowly, ever so slowly, Draco was mending his heart. Nothing could ever stop the pain of the war but Draco made the pain better.