16

Harry's POV

I woke up early and went out to get Quinn a nice bouquet of carnations and chocolate, the typical Valentine's Day gift. I told her I'd come over around noon so that she and I can get brunch. Sam's out with Elysia and will regroup with us at the pub later tonight.

"Happy birthday." she smiled, "I have your gift in this here bag but we can open it later."

"Thank you. I'm so glad you said yes to getting brunch with me. Would've been stuck at home with Paddy all day." I laughed.

"Hey, leave the kid alone. At least he's never wrapped any of your gifts in tin foil and plastic bags."

"That's because he's always had you to help him."

"You're not wrong, but then again, you could've just asked me to wrap it."

"These are for you." I handed her the bouquet of flowers and box of chocolate. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Wow, I love being reminded that I'm single." she joked, "but thank you. These are beautiful."

"I figured since you'll have to put up with drunk me tonight, it's also an apology in advance."

Quinn was diagnosed with epilepsy when she was 14. So drinking alcohol can cause a seizure, which is why she's always the designated driver. She can't drive either because of the epilepsy but bottom line is: she's the person responsible for me when I'm drunk. I feel bad but she's never complained about it. If anything, she loves staying sober and making fun of me the following day.

"Oh please, I have to put up with drunk Harry more than anyone else." she rolled her eyes.

"I know I ask this every time, but you really don't mind going to the pub right?"

"It was my idea after all, why would I mind? I get that I'm epileptic and alcohol is bad for me, but I'd rather spend time with my friends on their birthday and seem boring staying sober than be at home, doing nothing, and miss out on all the fun."

Once we got to the restaurant of my choosing for brunch and were escorted to our table, she handed me my gift.

"Open it." she urged.

"I think you're more excited than I am about opening this gift." I chuckled.

"I should've just opened it for you in the car." she shook her head.

When I took out all the tissue paper, my jaw dropped.

"Quinn. You didn't."

"You said that your camera was being wonky so I did my research, talked to your mom about it to get a second opinion, and got the best for the best."

She actually listened to me whine and complain for months that my camera was acting up and she did research to make sure I was getting a good quality camera? Not to mention, she talked to my mom about this. She really is a keeper.

"I love you." I blurted out.

Quinn's POV

"Love you, too." I smiled.

More than you will ever know...

"Thank you so much." he walked over and hugged me. "What'd you get for Sam?"

"Some clothes he's been wanting."

"You know us so well."

"I mean we've been friends for almost 3 years so I would hope that I know you both well." I chuckled.

"It's crazy to think that we've been friends for that long."

"It feels like we've been friends for longer than 3 years."

"Let's make a toast, to more years of friendship." he beamed.

"I'll cheers my glass of water to that."

There's something different about him. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but he seems happier than usual. This is the same happiness that resided in the Harry Holland that I met when I first moved to London, the same happiness that was stripped from him the second he started dating Violet. I think he's at a place in his life, on his birthday, where he's genuinely happy again.