Chapter 13

Ava's P.O.V.

*Picks up where we last saw her at chapter 3*

Recap

We made it farther than I thought we would when I felt the burning. I was hit with a silver bullet. I would not be able to keep up. I made my decision. I will protect my pups. I turn to face the Hunters and launch myself at the closest one.

I knew that my triplets hadn't noticed yet. I put three down before I was too riddled with bullets to continue.

But what was important is that the group of Hunters had stopped. My pups were free.

I feel the exact moment when my pups realize I wasn't following. Ethan tells me through the mind-link, "Hold on we are coming back!"

I was fighting a losing battle against the darkness, but I have enough energy to send one more message through, "Go to your fathers on Blood Moon territory! You can rescue me from there! Please, consider this as an order. I need you to do this for me."

Emma would make sure they would listen is my last thought before I close my eyes and pass out from blood loss.

End of Recap

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

What the hell is that noise? I tried to open my eyes, but found that task difficult. Where the hell am I?

Then, it all came back to me. The forest, the Hunters, running, fighting, passing out.

Shit.

Once again I opened my eyes, but forced them to stay open. It didn't help much either. Where ever I am is dark as hell, I can barely see two feet in front of me. 

I try to yank my hands, but find them to be attached against the wall. 

Double shit.

To add insult to injury, I feel the familiar burn of silver and wolfsbane. My other bullet wounds seemed to have healed. How long was I unconscious for? Finally, I notice that fact that there is blood dripping down my face.

Triple shit.

I start to panic a little. The only thing that calms me is the fact that I know that my pups made it our safe. I try to contact my wolf to mind-link them to find out that I can't.

Quadruple shit.

Between the rejection of our mates, the silver and the wolfsbane, my wolf seems to be in a coma of sorts, not what I needed right now.

Too many fucking shits to count.

What a wonderful situation I am in, mark the sarcasm. My feet and hands attached to wall and the fucking dripping noise is not stopping. I swear that alone will drive me crazy.

I feel familiar panic coming up to choke me. Stop it Ava, you need to be strong right now! Okay, what do I do?

I assessed my situation: injured, bleeding, immobilized, alone, not raped, beaten. What can I do to improve it?

I try to move my arms in such a way to wipe the blood out of my face. Apparently, I am a contortionist. I can't do anything more. Next, what are my captors up to?

I concentrate on the voices I can hear around me to focus in on one, no success. Fuck!

In a fit of annoyance, I struggle against the chains. A stupid idea I realize, passing out from the added pain on my body. To think I had just regained consciousness too.

SPLASH!

I jerk awake after being awoken unceremoniously by a bucket of water to my face. I spit out the water that got into my mouth, disgusting. I open my eyes to see two Hunters sneering at me.

The one who has a mustache said, "Oh look the mutt is awake."

I once again start to struggle against the chains, how I would love to slowly choke the life out of his body.

The one with bushy eyebrows hit me, "Stop struggling, we need you awake."

I don't listen and he hits me again. Reopening some bullet wounds on my thighs, it hurts like a bitch. 

Mustache Hunter takes over what I assume this to be an interrogation, "What did you to do to the mafia to make them want you back so bad?"

At first, I am confused. What mafia? Then, I realize I am in charge of the fucking mafia, now wonder they me back. Good job kids, I knew they would try something.

Bushy eyebrow Hunter punches me in the face when I didn't answer, "Answer the question, mutt. What is your involvement with the mafia?"

I could not answer any of their questions, so I laughed at them. The expression on their faces were rather gratifying. 

Mustache Hunter gave me a punch to the stomach, also hurt like a bitch, and he muttered to his partner, "Are you sure we aren't aloud to rape her? Is that what the mafia wanted her for, to break her themselves?"

Eyebrow Hunter told him, "The deal with the mafia will fall through most likely and then we will have our fun. Right now we have to be patient."

I felt myself be sick at what he was suggesting. I knew that my pups won't stop trying and I had to keep my hope in that.

Mustache Hunter ordered me, "Tell us what we need to know and no one will get hurt."

I try to answer him, but find that my throat is too parched to form and answer. Instead, I do my best to spit on him. 

Even if my pups don't come in time to rescue me, I know that this branch of Hunters are going to die no matter what. Revenge is a powerful thing.

Eyebrow Hunter said, "Well, it seems that she isn't cooperating. Maybe the mutt needs a lesson in obedience."

Mustache Hunter happily nodded his head and approached me. I stay still, trying to remain limp, so any hits won't hurt as much. 

One punch to the face, definitely broke my nose if the blood running down my face was any indicator. 

Two punches to the stomach, making me throw up whatever was left in my stomach at the time.

A couple punches to my ribs, cracking and bruising at least five while most likely breaking one according to the sickening crack I heard.

A kick to each kneecap, only shattering one though. Fuck, that takes forever to heal and it is fucking painful.

Stepping on my feet, real mature. But they break my left foot in the process. They weigh like a ton.

A jab to my thigh, reopening my partially healed wounds. At this rhythm, I am going to pass out from blood loss again.

Suddenly, my tormentors stop and I hear them talk, "Attack on the base! We should go help, she isn't going anywhere in this state. The mutt will be fine."

An attack? My pups must have figures something else to get me. It was then when my wolf started to wake. 

I could barely make out what she was saying, "Mates. . ."

They were here, they came for me. Then, their unique smells flooded the room and the door opened. 

I smiled and proceeded to pass out from exhaustion, dehydration, blood loss, and starvation. But I know that I am safe.