The start

Lacey

I awoke the next morning, nude in a spacious luxury bed with only the covers concealing my naked body. I sat up and looked around the room. I didn't see Vincent.

Sliding out of bed, I grabbed a robe, which I'm sure is his, and pulled it on, tying it. I explored the massive suite, hoping to figure out how the hell to get through the next thirty days.

Looking around, I noticed someone took my clothes from the previous night. Everything is immaculate. That didn't surprise me since I always kept my place tidy. I scoffed that he forced me to sign a contract or revert to living in a homeless shelter. I refused to return to one or that way of life.

Once you lived that kind of life, you do everything in your power to never return to it. Your survival instincts kick in, and the need to have caffeine.

I found a coffee maker and brewed a cup of coffee as I stood there in the kitchenette. I thought back to last night's events. After I signed the contract, I got to work performing oral sex on him. I let him play, but it never went further.

Most clients play, then get down to business, looking to fuck. He didn't. He stopped the minute it got to that point. I had to wonder if he's gay since he showed no expression during our playtime. If he is, that is his choice. As long as he paid, that's all that mattered.

My coffee finished brewing, and I picked up the cup, sipping from it as the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door, opening it as a woman handed me an envelope before leaving. Closing the door behind me, I opened it, pulling out stationary.

Your wardrobe will arrive this morning. I prefer women dressed appropriately and not as a call girl. A stylist will also come to change your hairstyle and makeup choices. I prefer a more subtle look on women.

Tonight we are having dinner per our contract, dress accordingly. The stylist will help you choose your attire for this evening. Cruz picks you up and brings you to the restaurant. Please do not be late. I loathe tardiness.

Vincent

I stood there, staring at the note. Who the hell does this guy think he is? The gall of him to believe he could control me. We have a contract, but I'm still a person. I wasn't like his employees or other people who felt the need to order around like a dog.

I continued to sip my coffee when the bell rang, signaling my wardrobe arrived, fantastic. Walking over, I opened the door as they rolled in racks of clothes. I watched as they moved them to the bedroom and set everything up. What in the hell is this?

Walking into the room, I asked, "What are you doing?"

"Providing your wardrobe as Vincent requested, Miss," the woman replied.

I looked at the clothes, which were nothing like I wore. The outfits were more upscale and have more demeanor to them. All the outfits are chosen with a sense of a class placed upon them.

"Did you pick these out?" I questioned the woman.

"No, Miss, Mr. Powers picked them," she answered as I looked at them, surprised. He has to be gay. No straight man has an exquisite taste like this.

The woman left a few minutes later; then I heard a ringer on the phone. Walking over to the desk was a cell phone. A number flashed across the screen, and I picked it up.

Lacey, did your wardrobe arrive?

"It did a few minutes ago."

Excellent, and I see you found your cell phone.

I looked at the phone. That was not my phone.

"This isn't my phone," I declared.

It is while you're staying with me. Make sure you have it on you at all times. I like to contact a woman when she is with me.

With you? I'm not with you, buddy. We have a contract, not a relationship.

"I'm sorry, but you must have me confused with an actual girlfriend. We have a contract, not a relationship. That means I don't answer you. I corrected that part of the contract," I reminded him.

You like to test me, don't you?

"If you're deciding to act like Christian Grey, I would think again. I don't tolerate a man laying their hands on me without my permission," I warned him. I may be an escort, but I also disapproved of abusive men. I didn't care who they were. I would rather live on the street than deal with that bullshit.

If you also remember, there was a clause in the contract about attitude. While you may have your corrections, I also have my provisions.

I became irritated by Vincent's incessant behavior to control me.

A stylist will arrive, styling your hair and altering your makeup. They will also help you choose an outfit for this evening. I expect something dignified.

Click!

That was rude, I thought to myself. I shrugged as I tossed the phone onto the counter. I finished my coffee before making another cup, then running a bath. I didn't understand Vincent. He hired me for a month, is changing my look, and has yet to have sex with me. I'm an escort, not some damn girlfriend. I enjoyed sex and good at it.

I soaked in the bath as I lay there thinking to myself. Why did he want me for a month? Why was it so important I altered my look? Why push me into signing a contract knowing full well it was a worthless piece of paper? These questions and more swirled through my head.

I finished my bath and waited for the stylist to arrive. I sat on a bed as I heard knocking, rising, and walking to the door. Answering it, a woman strolled in with two bags. I closed it as she set her bags down and gestured for me to take a seat.

I sat in the chair as she cut and style my hair. She brought out makeup and applied a fair amount to my face. I'm not used to having a slight amount of powder on then I use. My face felt naked.

Then she chose an outfit for me. It was a little black dress with matching heels. It's more conservative than I wear. I put it on and looked in the mirror, noticing the difference. I could pass for a regular person.

"I feel different," I mentioned, looking at my reflection.

"Mr. Powers prefers his women to look natural and more conservative. He has expectations when he is with someone," she explained.

"I take it. You were one of Mr. Power's women?" I looked at her.

"No, miss, he has me style his women. We didn't have a relationship between us besides a professional one. Mr. Powers has a very particular taste in women," she advised me.

She packed up her items and left before I spoke any more with her. It seemed like Vincent has two sides to him, the one that is all business and a unique one behind closed doors. His behavior intrigues me, causing my curiosity to pique.

I studied myself in the mirror. I looked nothing like last night. I didn't even look like I did before becoming an escort. I looked clean and natural.

I walked over to the racks of clothes. There were casual business and dressy attire. I picked a hanger off of the frame with an outfit and noticed the price tag. My face dropped at the amount on the label. I've made a lot of money for three years as an escort, but this was beyond what I spent on clothes.

I wondered if there was more to this than a simple contract? Whatever the case may be, I intended to find out.