Ch 1 : Happy Birthday

"Concerntrate......" Nilsa said to Eira.
       Spikes made of ice rose from the ground. They glowed blue unlike naturally present ice. Eira fainted. Nilsa lifted her up. I stood in a corner. I had no sympathy for my older sister. She had it easy , always treated with love , mother's princess. I was the spoilt brat , the understudy , the spare.

         Eira  shuffled out with Nilsa by her side. I walked out of the practice room.

     "Queen Isolde demands your presence." Nilsa said , her rose gold eyes boring into mine.

    Eira was nowhere to be seen as if I cared. Nilsa escorted me to the Throne room. Isolde was sitting on her throne encrusted with sapphires. She was like icicles fragile yet powerful with the ability to kill you. Her ice dragons , beautiful creatures , one sitting on her lap, a baby while the other , its mother was lying beside her throne.
The larger one snarled at me. I bet she didn't want a bad influence near her child.

    "The guards saw you in the Square last night." Isolde said in guttural voice." What do you have to say for yourself?"

       "It wasn't me , most of the kingdom has silver hair." I said quietly.

        "Don't justify yourself why were you outside ?" She demanded.

     "Why can Eira go out? Why can't I?" I said.

"She is going to be Queen one day, you are not!" She roared.

         I turned to go out of the throne room. This was as an everyday affair with me. I walked to room without looking back. I opened the door. Eira was sitting down on my bed.

    "Your highness this is my bedroom." I commented.

    "Why didn't you tell me..you went out , I could have covered up for you."she said.
     I doubt she meant that , she didn't like from the beginning, just because I was me.

     I groaned and exited the room. Today was my birthday but nobody cared , except me. I roamed around the palace. I went up to the library , my favourite spot. It was the only place where I could go outside into another world.

          I stayed there until dinner. Dong.. dong.. went the bell for dinner. I raced downstairs. I was starving.

      Eira was there but Isolde was nowhere to be seen. Eira got up and tied the blindfold around my eyes. Manservants began serving us. (I am guessing..couldn't see.) I have gotten used to eating blindfolded.

      I ate to my heart's content.
Someone guided me back to my room. I removed my blindfold. I glanced at the moon. It was 10p.m. and I was not going to sleep. I looked out of the window. Three guards were placed outside my window.
    I couldn't go out thus I decided to go to the library. I tiptoed upstairs to the library.

      I searched for a book to read. A fat purple book caught my eye. I had never seen it before. I took out the book.

_____________________________
A/N : Hoped you liked the chapter.