Ch 2 : Not again

A shelf opened up. It divided into half. I entered the room.  It was pretty dark with only a candle lighting up the place.

    A woman sat as far as I could make out she was in her mid 30s , her hair were black or an another dark shade. Her eyes were glowing like stars. A fat bird was sitting on a perch nearby.

           The woman gestured to come near. I did as she told me. As I moved closer i noticed scars of a whip on her hand , quite old and fading.

     "I knew you would come. I knew you would come my queen." She said smiling revealing pearl white teeth.

       "Ummm..I am sorry to disappoint you but I am not Isolde or Eira." I said in disgust.

    "No. No. You are. You will see."She muttered.

     She handed me a thin , wiry notebook. It had yellowing pages.

      "You realise who you are Lysandra , don't you?" She asked.
          "How do you know my name?"I asked. I was surprised how a ratty woman knew me.
"You must go now." She said.

    I raced back to my room. My heart leaping , the notebook was still in my hand. I looked at it. It had a pen attached to it. A purple pen like the colour of ravens.

         The bells had rung. It was early morning now. How was it that I had been gone for about 5 minutes and it was as though I had gone for hours.

        I was exhausted. I jumped on my bed ready to sleep. There was a knock on my door. "Breakfast is ready your Royal Highness." someone called out.
         I sighed and put on my blindfold. I relaxed my body as I was guided to the Hall. I knew some kind of family drama was coming my way.

        Apparently today's breakfast was something mushy. I had no idea what it was , something exotic my mother had ordered.

      I ate my mushy food while Eira and mom argued about the fish rates.
       Halfway through their talks I excused myself. I had plans to go to sleep.

      I rushed to my room. Changed into my night clothes , locked the door and got ready to sleep.
      Just then a guard knocked on my door. His face was covered. Did I mention all guards are supposed to cover their faces in front of me?

"What is it?" I asked in a posh voice.

"The Queen demands your presence in the Throne room." He said.

     I moaned. What was it with her and demanding my presence.

_________