34.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ 

THIRTY FOUR. 

           Sage was growing extremely convinced that there was some sort of large, red sign on her back saying 'HEY, FREE KILL' because in the past few months, she's been mauled, hurled, and held at gun point at least twenty times. Not to forget the fact that Allison's mom almost suffocated her and Scott with wolfsbane. Right now though, she's never been more terrified of actually dying. All of those other times there was some sort of possibility that she wasn't going to be the next dead body in Beacon Hills, but having Matt place a gun at the back of her head brought a feeling in her stomach she hasn't felt in a very, very long time. 

        After Matt shouted at her with the barrel on her skin, he forced her to take of Stiles' hoodie. Sage felt disgusted as she tore the fabric off her because of the reasoning behind it. The only purpose in taking off the hoodie was because it belonged to Stiles and Matt was convinced she belonged to him. When the hoodie dropped to the ground next to the body of the dead woman, Matt roughly grabbed a hold of her upper arm, shoving her through the hallway until they were in front of the Sheriff's office. She hissed out in pain when her arm hit the side of the door but didn't dare speak as she walked into the office. 

    Sheriff was the one to notice her first, his face going slack as Scott and Stiles stared at him in question. "Sheriff?" Scott asked, both boys turning around to see what he was looking at. As soon as they realized what was going on, Sage being pushed forward by Matt's gun, they froze in their spot as well. Stiles' eyes connected with Sage's and she immediately rushed over to him, moving so that she was in between his body and Scott's. Sheriff slowly raised up from his seat, his eyes focused on the gun placed in Matt's hand. 

        "Matt? It's Matt, right?" Sheriff confirmed. Matt only nodded, his grip on the gun getting tighter as he continuously glanced over at Sage who was wrapped up in Stiles' arms, Scott standing protectively in front of the girl. His attention was brought back to Sheriff when he began speaking again. "Matt, whatever's going on, I can guarantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun." 

        Matt grinned at the man's choice of words. "You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of how right you are." 

        "I know you don't want to hurt people." 

        "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people," Matt disagreed, tilting the gun in a shrugging manner. "You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded; and one way is to try dialing someone on your cellphone like McCall is doing." Sage and Stiles glanced over to see that Scott's hand was pulling free from his pocket as he glanced towards them in panic. "Yeah, that could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone," He gestured towards for them to set their phones down on the desk. "Now!" 

        "Come on," Sheriff muttered, trying to use a gentle voice as he nodded towards the three teenagers. 

        Everyone hesitated for a second before the two boys started to dig through their pockets. Stiles ended up pulling out two phones, one of them being his own while the other was Sage's. She didn't have pockets on her dress from Lydia's party and for that very reason, she gave it to Stiles. They fell onto the desk, overlapping with each other. Glancing back, they all waited for their next order. As of right now, all that was possible in this situation was to shut up and obey what Matt asked. 

        He sent another grin towards the four people he's holding captive, and Sage could feel her sides begin to sting. Something was going to happen tonight, and it wasn't going to end with smiles. It was going to end with blood, and the real question is: who's?