28. Wince, Groan, Moan

In ths middle of the night, a loud noise caused my eyes to shot open and I looked around my darkened room in panic. When I couldn't find anything strange, I decided to go back to sleep but something on the floor caught my attention.

Turning on the bedside lamp, I left the bed and picked up the black stone. There was nothing written on it, it was plain black.

After inspecting the stone for a good two minutes, I kept it on the bed side and lay down again to sleep but another sound appeared out of nowhere, this time it was more like a wince.

Looking around in confusion, I hopped out of the bed and turned towards the window to check the street. My suspicion cleared when I found the person who was throwing these stones inside my room.

It was Adam, standing against the wall of his house, his eyes were zoomed in on my window. That's when I noticed the blood dripping from his hand and the large bruise under his right eye.

"Oh my God!" I gasped as I observed the blood splotches on his light brown shirt. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Ssshhh." he gestured with his finger and winced the next moment. "Come down." he requested in muffled voice.

Nodding, I slipped into my slippers and left the room. There was pitch black darkness downstairs so I had to use my mobile torch to make way for me. I couldn't risk letting Dad know that I was leaving house at this time of night.

Closing the gate softly behind me, I reached Adam who had now shifted to a sitting position.

"What happened to you?" I whispered gently, assessing his injuries and blood-stained clothes.

"I can't tell you that." he answered, rubbing the blood dripping from his hand with a tissue.

"Then why did you ask me to come down?" I said, trying to find the reason all by myself.

"Because I need a place to stay for tonight?" he said and my eyes widened. Did he actually mean what I understood?

"But why can't you crawl up this pipe like you always do?" I asked and his face lost all its color.

"You know?" he asked, still surprised.

"Yup." I shrugged, earning a sour expression from him. I looked back to the pipe which was also stained with blood. "Well, look like you have already tried."

"Would you let me stay or not?" he said rudely and I frowned. "Please!" he added, still looking at me with his dry expression and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I answered and stood up, pulling my hand out for him. He looked at it for a minute, probably contemplating whether to take it or not. When I was about to pull it back, he gripped it with his big, warm hand and a smile threatened to make its way on my face.

"You are heavy." I commented as I dragged him inside and he snorted ridiculously.

We passed through the hallway, keeping our steps as silent as possible, only releasing our breaths once we were inside my room.

I looked outside for any sign of Dad and then locked the door behind me. "Thank God he didn't wak--- W.. What are you doing?" I shrieked as I watched him taking his shirt off.

"Do you want me to sit on your bed with these bloody clothes?" he asked, cocking his head and I shook my head in no. Without warning me first, he went for his trouser and I let out a gasp before turning around.

My virgin eyes!

"Stop being so dramatic Alicia. I have my boxers on. Just give me any extra shirt." he demanded and I angled my head to take a peak. His boxers reached his knees so he didn't look as scandalous as I thought.