Chapter 105

I

CAN'T

BELIEVE
...

WE HIT 1 MILLION!

OH MY GOD!

I cannot express the happiness and the shock

Damn!

I can't even tell you how thankful I am for making this possible.

Mafia's Princess hit 1 million recently and is currently at
1057754 READS!!!!

I am dumbstruck and completely shocked
I will write a whole honesty chapter about this as well as my writing process
Now, all I can say is
THANK YOU!
LOVE YOU!
ENJOY!!!

Isabella's POV.

"Chris," I said, clearing my throat.

My brother didn't react. He kept looking at the wall, pretending like we're not there. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't prevent the feeling of anticipation and nervousness from seeping through my face. I knew it wouldn't be fair to lie to Chris.

It had been an hour since he's been back from his x-ray. The doctors said that miraculously everything was going smoothly. The fluid in the lungs has been drained and there no longer was a need for the chest tube. The doctor wanted to wait for another day just to ensure that there were no complications but Chris insisted on him taking it out today.

It wasn't a good idea at all.

We kept silent and didn't tell him that Gabby had woken up. We didn't know whether he was allowed to see her or no. Hell, we didn't even know the condition she was in. But the chances of him seeing her were more likely if he had his chest tube removed.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Felix asked.

"I said I want it out," He said sharply.

"Don't you think it's a better idea to wait? The doctor said that everything was going smoothly but-"

"I want it out. Now" He emphasized, glancing at me. I sighed, shaking my head at Felix. It was useless. Arguing with Chris was never a good idea because there was no chance of victory.

"The doctor said he could only do the procedure in twenty minutes," I said, hoping he'd change his mind.

"Great"

The door opened as the nurses entered to change his IV. I stepped back, walking towards Felix who was deep in thought.

"Hey" I muttered, rubbing his back soothingly. He glanced at me, giving me a half-hearted smile. I frowned, knowing he had a lot on his mind.

"She's going to be okay" I assured, trying to convince myself. He gave me a swift nod.

"I know but I can't look her in the eyes. How can I when all of this is my fault?" He asked. I shook my head in disagreement. He couldn't keep blaming himself for this.

"Felix, you need to stop. You've got to think positively. They are both alive! Chris is good enough to take his chest tube off and Gabby's already awake!" I whisper yelled, trying not to catch Chris's attention.

"You're right," He said, running a hand through his hair. I took a deep breath and cleared my throat.

"Do you think Chris will be allowed to see her?" I asked quietly. I let my eyes glance towards my brother who seemed to be listening to the nurse. I stared at Felix, trying to see what was on his mind. He swallowed, suddenly looking pale.