chapter 94

Manik had just changed to go to sleep when a knock sounded at his door. He opened and was surprised to see his father

Raj : could I talk to you

M : come in dad

Raj came in and the walked in and sat on the sofas in his room. The room was dull lighted and the moonlight shown everywhere.

Raj : Manik me and your mom, we haven't been around that much. We try to make ourselves believe that it's because of business and providing you a good ,comfortable life but it doesn't exempt that at many points we aren't their when you needed your parents by your side.

M : dad, where is this coming from

Raj : I guess I just wanted to tell you that I and your mom we are proud of you. The way you have grown up to be. The person you are. And how today you faced the world making a name for yourself.

Manik was elated to hear this, like any child he always wanted his parents approval. He had felt their absence but never blamed them. He just wanted to do something as great as they did. Make them as proud of being his parents as he was of being their son.

M : thank you dad. Although bhai, adi, princess all of them deserve a part of this success since we have practically raised each other.

Raj : I know. And me, Raman, ishita and niyonika couldn't have asked for better kids. Your friendship has made ours stronger too. Unlike how many people think we aren't childhood friends. Rather we started out as buisness associates but with time and you guys being at each other's houses we grew to be this. There is a lot we have to thank you for. So Manik I might not have supported you when you screwed up on that deal but it was just because I wanted you to know the gravity of your mistakes. It doesn't change that we are blessed to have you as our children though.

Manik chocked up and Raj too had glazed eyes. The father son hugged and Manik felt like a child again who believes his father is a superhero and can do anything.

Raj then left him to sleep but did say one thing before going that made round in Manik's mind.

Raj : as a father I want to advise you though, you have a great friendship with murthy's and your relationship with nandini can change that in many ways. Think about it before taking any decisions. And one more thing , I would love if the murthy princess because the malhotra queen

Manik slept with that thought in mind. When he lied down on the bed,coco came and curled around him. Running a hand through the dog's fur, manik's brain was thinking about nandini. They needed to think and talk, what they hadn't done the previous month particularly. He knew his relationship with nandini changes everything, and still it was worth the risk. They were treading dangerous waters. It wasn't just a normal relationship to him anymore, it never had been really. He loves nandini and was ready to go through anything to be with her.

-------
The next morning the sun's rays woke Manik up and he searched for his phone to look at the time. It was 7:30 and he really needed to get up, if he wanted to reach college on time.

He saw a message from nandini and clicked on it instantly.

N : the guy on the bottom side, first page if the newspaper looks really hot. I think I would like to meet him sometime

Manik went down to find the morning newspaper and saw his photo on the first page from yesterday. Their was an article on Manik malhotra - the singing businessman.

He laughed media was certainly doing this because he was heir to the malhotra's. And that was what got an article specifally on him which no other members of Fab 5 had

Manik skipped to the music and acting section and saw many snaps from the party last night. He clicked the picture of nandini and send that to her

M : so does this girl. Think I should ask her on a date sometime

Nandini's reply came soon

N : she looks out of your league. And I think she has something going on with the lead singer of the newest album.

Manik laughed. Nandini had read his interview and his comment on his relationship to her.

He went up to get ready and almost tripped on coco, so he send him down.

When Manik came down for breakfast, he was surprised to see nandini sitting with his parents on the dining table. Niyonika was happily chatting to her and when Raj looked at Manik, he gave him a suggestive smile.

Something about this picture tugged at Manik's heart, nandini here looked right at home. As if it was her place with his family

M : good morning

Nanidni and Manik's morning banter was fresh in their minds and when no one was looking she winked at him

Nyo : come on Manik, just because you are my son doesn't mean you get a free pass for being late.

He sat beside nandini and looked at her in question

N : you pick me up everyday , I thought I would do that this time

M : what happened to your new found crush on the newspaper guy

N : I read I mean a lot to someone. So thought I should give him a chance

Manik was laughing now, this teasing and light hearted conversation with nandini went on through out the breakfast. And then they left after saying good bye to his parents in nandini's car towards college.

-----
The day at the college was good, many people came up to congratulate Fab 5 on their new album and they certainly made a lot of fans.

The tension between manik and alia wasn't unseen, they were ignoring each other and never spoke until absolutely necessary. The rest of the members of Fab 5 tried but Manik was the one who never budged.

Nandini knew she needs to do something about it. This was not going to work.

Manik and nandini were together mostly along with the rest of their friends and when the day came to an end, nandini asked Manik to come to murthy mansion with her. Adi supported her saying they should all spend time together like before.

So they left towards home after a tiring day.

------
That's all for today

Do vote and comment

Precap : let's talk.