NINETEEN

Then I called you at home
You said that you weren't alone
I should've known better
Now it hurts much more
You caused my heart to bleed and
You still owe me a reason
I can't figure out why
Why I'm alone and freezing
While you're in the bed that she's in
I'm just left alone to cry

My father opened a enormous door and allowed me to walk in first. He shut the door behind us and walked around the massive desk before taking a seat. I took my own in the chair in front of him.

"What is it you want to discuss?"

"Dad, Jaxon saved my life on multiple occasions. This was something that happened out of my own stupidity. I went out on my own without him."

"He is supposed to be watching you no matter what Lyla."

"Dad, you cannot fire him."

"No. I can't," he growled. "But I'm removing him as your head of security."

"No!" I yelled. "Dad, you can't do that."

"It is already decided Lyla." He swiveled around in his chair, turning his back to me and looking out of the enormous window.

I closed my eyes tightly, building the guts to say what I was about to say next. You have to.

I opened my eyes again and looked at his back. "Dad, I love him."

His head whipped around so fast I swore he would have whiplash.

"What?" He whispered.

"I fell in love with him."

I shook his head and laughed sarcastically. "Lyla Rose, you cannot be with him."

"And why not?"

"He's a dangerous man."

"So are you."

He glared at me. "I am your father. No one can protect you better than I can."

"But he already has!" I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. "I'll leave," I muttered.

"What?" My fathers voice dropped deadly quiet.

"I'll leave, Dad. I'll walk out of those enormous front doors and let the danger come to me. How does that sound?"

"Lyla." he warned.

I stood my ground. My back straight, my head held high. I was not going to back down on this.

My father turned back toward the window. "Does he know you love him?"

I shook my head but then realized he couldn't see me and spoke up. "No."

"Why not?"

"I haven't told him. I only just got rescued a few hours ago, you know."

"Why didn't you tell him before?"

"I got kidnapped."

"No before that."

"We were fighting."

"About?"

"Dad, I'm not talking to you about this."

"Yes you are. If you even want me to consider allowing him to stay as your head of security, you will."

"On one condition."

He turned, a smirk on his face. His eyes burned with pride. In me? "What's that dear daughter?"

"You're going to tell me everything about what you do."