Beau Gray: If Tomorrow Turns Out Fine

Beau Gray X Female Reader

Summary: The reader and beau meet because the reader becomes a deputy for Rhodes, but when the gang gets exposed and the reader looses her deputy status, Beau suggests they run away together and live a happy life.

Word Count: 2210

When you were given the status of "deputy" in Rhodes, you had been amused by it. These people didn't even know that they had given a group of outlaws the status of deputy. You and the others had separated to scope out the new town and look for any opportunities. Leigh Gray was the sheriff who gave you the deputy badge and you had run into his nephew, Beau Gray, while you were wandering through town. 

Beau was a sweet man, spoke a little funny in your opinion but sweet all the same. He seemed to know that you weren't an upstanding member of society, but he also didn't seem to care. He offered to show you around town and you accepted. Beau and you spent most of the day wandering through Rhodes while he explained the rivalry between the Grays and the Braithwaites. 

"We Grays have been loyal to the state and murders to the Braithwaites for so long now, no one can even quite explain why. Beyond blind loyalty and stupidity" Beau explained as you wandered past Caliga Hall.

"Yeah, I know a thing or two about blind loyalty and even a little about stupidity" you chuckled, referring to the van der Linde gang. You could see some similarities there but you still loved that gang of outlaws with your whole heart. They are your family after all.  

"Ah, Miss, I'm sure you know nothing of stupidity" Beau smiled kindly, if not a little awkwardly.

"That's sweet of you to say, Mr Gray, but I wasn't talking about myself" you laughed, shaking your head at the man. 

"Oh, I see...and please, call me Beau" he nodded, sparing a shy glance at you. 

"Very well, Beau. You can call me Y/N" you smiled back at him. You could see that Beau was a kind man, a man who comes from a very difference life from you but doesn't share the old fashioned views of his family. 

"I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think that I've ever seen a woman who dresses in such a way. Or a woman who carries guns for that matter" he confessed, taking another glance at your attire. The pants and the shirt, but what caught his attention the most was the handgun sitting in the holster that hung from your hip. Beau had decided that you were unlike any woman he had met before, he decided that almost as soon as he saw you and definitely knew it was true when you had spent the day together. 

"I promise you that I'm not the only one, Beau. It's better for my line of work...you know, being a deputy and all" you shrugged. 

"Yes...yes, being a deputy" Beau nodded and you just smiled, knowing that he already knew that you were an outlaw. You were pretty sure that he knew it as soon as he looked at you but you were confident that he would say anything to anyone, including his uncle.

-----

It had been about three weeks and you had been spending a lot of time with Beau Gray, the rest of the gang wasn't aware of your new found friendship. They just thought that you kept disappearing to find out more about the rivalry in Rhodes or to do some other job. 

You left the camp and rode down to the field where you were meant to be meeting Beau. You saw him pacing back and forth with his horse wandering around a little distance behind him. You rode up to him before dismounting your horse, he turned to look at you and smiled shyly. 

You gave your horse an affectionate pat before turning to Beau, who looked more nervous than usual. "Hello Y/N" he smiled, shuffling his feet slightly.