four - then

Then.

Aphrodite hadn't told her friends of her plans at all, which is why she was shocked when Hades and Persephone invited her for dinner in the Underworld and she was immediately bombarded with accusations.

"Don't think that I don't know what you snuck off to do the other day," Persephone scolded the goddess, "you can't force people into relationships just because you like the idea of them, Dite. We both know Apollo isn't exactly the monogamous type, Adoria and him could never work."

The goddess of beauty huffed, feeling very much attacked when all she wanted was to witness a beautiful love story play out. "Just because Apollo doesn't seem like the type doesn't mean he couldn't be. I know we talk harshly of him at times, but the poor man hasn't ever experienced real love, just passing bits of lust. How sad is that?"

Hades sat in his chair at the head of the table. Part of him wanted to speak up, if not to back up his dear Persephone, but another part held him back because he knew he would've been lying. That didn't stop Aphrodite from pulling him into the argument.

"Well death, what do you think?" Such a lovely woman she is. Hades rolled his eyes at her words, used to them by now. There was a reason he liked Adoria the most out of all Persephone's friends - she was never one to judge, nor namecall. Aphrodite was a right pain in his ass, which made it so much harder for the next few words to spill from his lips.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but" he took a second before continuing, preparing for the backlash he would receive, "a part of me agrees with Aphrodite."

He was met with an angry excuse me? and a conceited I told you so.

The god of death was quick to diffuse the spring goddess. "The poor man hasn't ever experienced real love. Does that sound an awful lot like someone to you?"

Persephone's hard composure seemed to soften at his explanation. She couldn't argue too much with that.

"I was alone for so much of my life, not caring for the company of a single person until you came along. Maybe it takes just one person to change your view on everything, but if we never give Apollo the chance to have that then how awful does that make us? Who are we to judge who falls in love with who?"

"Yeah, that would be my job." Aphrodite smirked and chuckled at her own joke.

Persephone pursed her lips, feeling defeated. Adoria had been a good friend to her, all she wanted was to protect her from getting hurt. "How can we be sure they would even be a good match? I know you're the goddess of love and all but you've proved to be quite flawed in your judgment, no offense."

Aphrodite shrugged, feeling slightly offended but knowing the other goddess wasn't entirely wrong.

"And how do you think it would all end, Dite? Apollo is immortal, Adoria is not."

"There are ways to procure immortality, look at Heracles or Ino for example." Aphrodite explained. "And besides I have it all worked out, I even asked the Oracle. Well I mean, I asked the Oracle if Adoria would ever fall in love, and she said it would be very soon if I had anything to do with it. I have no one else set aside for the girl. I did, but then we got to talking about that beautiful idiot of a sun god and I went right on and threw the other men straight out the window, figuratively speaking of course."

"Did you ask the Oracle if she would be happy?"

"Do you take me for an idiot? Of course I did. And the answer I got was nothing short of what I expected, love makes all happy. Look at what it did to Hades."