Chapter 8 - The kiss

Mira's POV

"What hap..."

"Don't turn around." He warned me as I wanted to look back. "She is looking at us. Damn it! She must be suspicious."

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Sorry." He said.

I gave him a puzzled look. Without waiting for a second, he kissed my cheek.

I looked at him, surprised. After getting rid of my surprise, I understood that it was because of her.

"It is okay. You really want to get rid of her." I commented, giving him a teasing grin.

"Yes, she is so clingy. If I didn't do it, she would understand my lie." He confessed.

I nodded and asked. "Do you think she will get suspicious? Because...Umm...You kissed my cheek...not my lips." I felt my cheeks flushing.

Really, Mira?! Don't hesitate, suggest him to kiss your lips. I said mockingly with my inner voice.

"No. A cheek kiss is enough. She knows David very well. They were classmates. She knows how conservative and old-fashioned he is. And David doesn't like to show any PDA." He exclaimed.

I nodded. He took a step towards me, looking into my eyes.

"But if you were my fiancée, you couldn't walk without remembering me for a week." He said huskily, his eyes dark. I gulped nervously. "Or I have already knocked you up." He gave me a cocky grin.

I bit my lower lip, my cheeks crimson red and averted my gaze, feeling hot.

There was an awkward silence in the car. I looked at Draco. His expression was serious while he was driving his car. He was so handsome: his mesmerizing grey blue eyes, prominent jawline, his silky hair. I sighed and looked through the window as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Hey, stop the car." I said cheerfully as I saw a cotton candy cart. Draco gave me a questioning look. "Come on." I added, smiling. He nodded and pulled over the car.

I got out of the car and approached the cart.

Draco approached me and shook his head, giving me an amused smile.

"Really? Cotton candy?" He frowned playfully.

I put a piece of cotton candy into my mouth and closed my eyes, enjoying it. It was delicious.

When I opened my eyes, Draco was staring at me, smiling.

"Would you like?" I asked.

He nodded and grabbed my wrist. He pulled my hand towards his lips and started licking my sticky fingers, closing his eyes.

Holy shit!

My heart started beating faster. I pursed my lips together, trying to hold myself from moaning. It was....sensual. I squeezed my legs together as he kept on licking my fingers.

He and his freaking expert tongue.

Could he make me come by just licking my fingers? No, of course not....Or...No...

"Delicious." He murmured huskily, plunging his eyes into mine. His gaze was so intense....even blazing.

Shit! He is walking sex. The master in bed.

I averted my gaze, blushing.

What is this guy doing to me?

"Hold on." He said, smiling and wiped the cotton candy off my nose.

"Thank you." I gave him a shy smile.

"Little girl!" He exclaimed, amused.

"Draco!" I scowled. He chuckled.

In the car, we were giving each other shy smiles time to time.

He stopped the car in front of my house.

"See you." I said, giving him a wide smile.

"Bye." He smiled.

I got out of the car and waved at him as I walked into the garden. He waved at me, giving me a charming smile and drove away.

****

I opened my eyes, yawning. I smiled sheepishly as I remembered that I was going to meet up with Draco. David was still abroad. So Draco was accompanying me today. I had an appointment with the event planner. We were going to decide about a cake.

After taking a shower, I put on a beige midi dress and did my hair wavy.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It must be Draco. I grabbed it, smiling. My smile disappeared as I saw David's name on the screen. I bit my lower lip nervously and picked up the phone.

"Good morning. How are you?" He said.

"Morning. Fine. You?" I murmured.

"Fine. How is the preparation going?" He asked.

"Fine. Today we are going to decide about the cake." I informed.

"Great. Does Draco annoy you?" He asked, amused.

"Umm...No." I mumbled nervously.

"Perfect....Mira, I have to hang up; the meeting is starting." He informed.

"Ok. Bye." I said.

"Bye."

I sighed and sat down on the bed.

Suddenly, my phone rang again. This time, it was Draco. He informed me that he was waiting for me in front of the mansion. I grabbed my bag and left.

I was looking through the window, lost in my thoughts. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell David about what had happened between Draco and me. On the other hand, I couldn't stop this engagement. Especially now, when our relatives, friends, our families' business partners were invited to the engagement party. It would be a big scandal for both of our families. But I couldn't marry David. I couldn't do it to him. It was wrong.

"Hey, are you okay?" Draco asked, concerned, interrupting my thoughts.

"Umm...Yeah. I am okay." I forced a smile and continued looking through the window.

After deciding the cake and some other details, we left. We hadn't talked in the car. I was staring through the window, depressed.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I noticed that he wasn't driving to the mansion.

"Surprise." He winked at me. I gave him a slight smile.

He parked the car at the beach. He got out of the car and walked towards the ocean without waiting for me. I looked at him, smiling, still sitting in the car. He turned around and gestured to me to join him.

I nodded, smiling and got out of the car

I nodded, smiling and got out of the car. I approached him. I took off my shoes and held them in my hand. We started walking on the sand without talking. I felt his gaze on me time to time.