{45} A FUN DAY AT THE WATERPARK AND A TRIP INTO TARTARUS {45]

This chapter is dedicated to genenaetu!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 8-28-18

The day before the first day of school had arrived, and I was not happy about it. The night before, we had dropped Annabeth of at her house after a strange conversation with my mother about love. That meant I had to sleep alone, which wasn't fun.

I woke up bright and early, ready to start the day, before realizing that it was my last fun day in a very long time. I groaned. Why must school ruin all that is good?

I sat up and checked my phone. I noticed a text from Annabeth and grinned. She said something about coming over soon, and that was enough to get me out of bed.

I headed to my closet and threw on a pair of black swim trunks and a plain blue tee shirt. Running a hand through my messy bed head, I left my room and went out to the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetie," my mom greeted.

"Hey," I said back. "Ooh, did you make waffles?"

She laughed. "Yep. You're going to need a full belly for a day at the waterpark, am I right?"

I nodded, smiling. A huge group of people - including Thalia, Jason, Luke, Rachel, Caly, Annabeth, and I, - were all heading to the nearest waterpark for a full day of fun. It was going to be a great opportunity for everybody to bond and reconnect after a summer apart. I wasn't really sure how the groupings were going to be, but I knew that Luke was going to take Thalia, Annabeth, and I.

Luke had managed to get bailed out of jail by an anonymous person, although I had my guesses. He escaped practically scot-free, which was surprising. I wasn't really sure how his relationships had faired, though. He really messed with Annabeth's emotions, even causing her to get into a fight with Thalia, who also was affected. Hopefully the car ride wasn't too awkward.

I was halfway through my stack of waffles when somebody knocked on the door. I jumped out of my seat, grinning.

I opened the door and was greeted by the lovely sight of my girlfriend. "Hey there," I greeted teasingly.

"You have syrup on your face," she deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. "Can you get it for me, my dearest Annabeth?"

She laughed, rising onto the tips of her toes to wipe the corner of my mouth. "It's stuck, so I guess I'll have to suffer through a maple syrup flavored kiss."

"What a shame," I said dramatically.

I leaned down to press a sweet kiss to her lips. That would never get old, I decided right then and there.

When we parted after a moment, I was even happier than before. "Come on in, we have spare waffles."

Annabeth smiled. "Good. I didn't eat breakfast because Malcom and Helen were bickering in the kitchen."

I laughed. "I'm not surprised. How's that been, by the way?"

She shrugged, sitting beside me at the table. "It's fine. He's leaving soon, and Helen's super happy about it. I'm indifferent, I guess. I mean, he's my brother, and I love him. Helen should chill, but I get that she's sensitive."

"I'm sure they'll work it out. I mean, you two did."

I rested my hand on her thigh, hoping to reassure her. She smiled up at me.