33. Crescent Moon

{???, ???}

{???, ???}

Whistling some off-tune melody, Koro joyfully made his way through the darker parts of the city. His right hand played with his hidden dagger, making it pop up and retracting it, again and again, a habit he picked up from Belphegor after spending some time with the teen. It didn't serve any purpose, but it made him strangely calm, every time the icy but sharp blade brushed against his clothed palm, a comfortable chill went down his spine.

As he felt the dangerous edge of his weapon graze his covered member, he remembered how deadly the dagger he carried was. With a slip of his finger, a false move of his wrist the sharp blade would effortlessly cut through his leather glove, smoothly slicing through his flesh, all in one swift motion. It was exhilaratingly pleasant. How vulnerable he remained despite his strength and status.

Nearing his destination, Yucca stopped his humming, his purple eyes narrowing slightly as a light flash of violet went through his pupils, making his irises seem darker for a second. He licked his lips as he refrained himself from emitting a chuckle of any sort. A grin crept up his face momentarily disturbing his business smile. He would be sure to enjoy his night.

Oh if only he knew what awaited him on this fateful evening.

Standing in front of the door, inside a strangely deserted alleyway, Yucca glanced at his watch. The almost inaudible squeaking of rats and meowing of stray cats seemed to reverberate in the eerily silent back street. He took a breath, his right wrist stopping its repeated flicking to leave the dagger's blade in his palm. Pressing his watch's button to launch the timer function, he gently knocked on the door. His black leather glove entered in contact with the rough surface of the wooden door as he began his countdown, his other hand taking a slightly damp silk clothing out of his inner pocket.

Two, one.

The door creaked open, and in one swift motion, Koro covered his target's mouth with the chloroform imbued cloth. The bald man's eyes widened for a second before turning hazy as the inhaled chemicals began to take effect. Unbothered, Yucca dragged him outside before stuffing him into one of the garbage containers. His purple pupils trailed to his watch for a second before going back to the door.

One out, how many to go? He wondered as he calmly entered the room, his left-hand locking the door as he scanned the deserted corridor. He frowned at the sight of the old looking laths. It seemed they would creak with every step he took, how impractical, with this the surprise effect had more chance to be lost. Although these thoughts traversed his mind and his eyes dimmed in contemplation, it didn't stop him from smirking. The more challenging the mission, the better. Though he honestly doubted it would hold up a candle to his usual 'jobs.'