Dinner

Vincent

Once the last meeting ended, I left the office, walking down to the car and getting inside. I had another driver take me to the restaurant while Cruz collected Miss Powell. I chose Andre's for the evening, remembering how the food impressed me.

We pulled up to the front, and I got out, dismissing the driver. Cruz would drive us back to the penthouse when we finished. I strutted into the restaurant, immediately shown to a table, and sat. I awaited Miss Powell's arrival. We have a few things to discuss. I wasn't happy with her rudeness to the contract.

As I waited, I ordered a drink as Cruz approached the table with a woman following him. When he moved out of the way, I realized it's Miss Powell. She looked stunning, which was much better than our initial meeting.

I noticed the stylist removed the excess makeup, replacing it with a light powder. She changed Miss Powell's clothing for a more polished look. Styling her hair, allowing her natural color to show. She didn't look like an escort, and that pleased me.

She sat down as I studied her.

"I figure we could revisit our terms of the contract," I suggested.

"So, this is a business dinner?"

"For all intents and purposes, yes," I replied.

"Okay," she responded as I pulled out a new contract and slid it towards her. She picked it up and thumbed through it. I studied her expression as she read the entire paperwork.

When she finished, she looked at me. "This sounds like a contract as a pretend girlfriend?"

"For one month," I answered. "We would engage in a relationship without reservations from yourself. In return, I promise to relax."

She looked at me as I looked at her. It was a reasonable offer. I'm learning with Lacey; she had a firm resolve to her. The more I forced, the more she resisted.

"Fine," she agreed as I pulled out a pen and handed it to her. She took it and signed the new contract. When she finished, she put the pen down. I reached over and took the pen along with the paperwork, placing it back into my suit coat pocket.

The server brought our menus, and I ordered for both of us. "We'll have the salmon with brown rice and steam vegetables," I spoke to the server.

"I prefer the filet mignon, medium well with a baked potato and a dinner salad," she spoke to the server. She nodded, removing our menus from our table.

I looked at Lacey. "Must you contradict me any chance you have?"

"I may not know about relationships. If you want this to be realistic, most couples don't order for each other unless they know what they want. You don't," Miss Powell spoke in a matter-of-fact tone.

I looked at her as she looked back at me.

"Fine," I replied. Lacey sat there with her arms crossed. "Could you be a little less sullen and pretend to enjoy my company?"

"If you would stop acting like a narcissistic prick, then I would?" She questioned me.

Our dinner arrived, and we ate in silence, thank God. If I have to listen to her trivial speeches again, I will shoot myself. We finished our meal, and we ordered a coffee.

"I'm surprised you're not gulping a glass of bourbon," her tone filled with disdain.

"I enjoy a good bourbon once in a while, but not all the time," I responded as the server brought our coffees.

"Why not?" She questioned me.

"I'm usually too busy running companies to have a drink," I answered her.

"Is that all you do is work?"

"It is most of the time. It doesn't leave much time for anything else. You should understand this better than anyone. Explain to me how you became an escort," I said to Lacey.

"It wasn't something I planned. I thought I would become a model. It turned out to be a front for an escort business. My first job was the first sexual encounter. I threw up when I got home," Lacey spoke with a hint of regret.

"Why didn't you stop?" I asked her.

"I didn't want to return to the shelter. I figured that when I earned enough money, I would leave the business," Lacey explained. I heard a hint of hope in her voice.

"Then do what? You have no skills, no education. What could you hope to achieve in the process?" I questioned her.

"Anything I want. Vincent, I may screw people for money, but at least I don't hide what I am. You create a persona which, in reality, you're as bad if not worse," she told me as I looked at her.

We finished our coffee and stood, exiting the restaurant after I paid the check. Cruz was waiting for us out front. We climbed into the car, and he drove us back to the penthouse.

My irritation was at an all-time high, and I intended to ease it. We arrived back at the penthouse and walked up to the suite. The minute we entered the suite, I closed the door and pinned Lacey against the wall.

I crashed my lips into hers as I pressed my body against hers. I moved one hand, pinning both Lacey's wrists to the wall. I maneuvered my other hand under her skirt, lifting it and yanking down her panties. I undid my pants and tore open a packet of protection, placing it on before entering her. Then I fucked her.

I needed to release the aggression I'm feeling. I didn't care how rough I was; I would screw Lacey raw until I had my fill. I held one of her legs with my free hand, pushing inside her until I released.

When I stopped, I pulled out of her as I released her body from my firm hold. She stood there and looked at me as I removed the protection and buttoned my pants. I turned and walked away, not saying a word. There was nothing to say afterward as I walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

Lacey

I stood there with my back to the wall and pulled my skirt down. I never had someone take me as aggressively. It was exciting and exhilarating at the same time.

I heard the shower turn on as I walked to the other bathroom. I closed the door and ran a hot bath. Once the tub filled, I turned off the water as I undressed, climbing into it.

I laid back as I closed my eyes and felt my lips tingle. I moved my fingertips to my lips, remembering the feeling. That was my very first kiss. I allowed no client to kiss me, but I let Vincent kiss me. Why did I do that?

As I lay there, lost in my thoughts, I heard the door open and close. I opened my eyes and got up out of the tub. After drying off, I pulled on a robe. I opened the door.

"Vincent?" Silence. I checked around to find him gone. I walked over to dig the phone out of my purse and searched until I saw his number. I dialed, and it went to voicemail. I hung up and tossed the phone down.

Looking around, I watched TV until I fell asleep on the couch like I did many times in my apartment. I hated sleeping in a bed alone. Rafe stayed over a few times and would sleep next to me. The comfort was something I would miss. Even though nothing sexual happened between us, it felt nice not to feel alone.

While I slept, someone picked me up and carried me to the bedroom, lying down on the bed. The person covered me with the sheet and blanket as I slept. I couldn't explain it, but at that moment, I felt secure.

I have a feeling I would need to keep that feeling, having to stay with Vincent. He didn't seem like the affectionate type. I only had a month; then, I'm free. The end of the month could not come soon enough.