Fire Flower (Shang X peasant Reader)

Requested by Marichatforlive13 . Hope you all enjoy!

Trudging through knee deep mud in the blistering Chinese sun was never a favourite pastime of mine. Ever. My already damp clothes never helped the ordeal but since I was nothing more than a piece of 'scum' it wasn't important. My goal was to survive, I'd be proud if I could find another drop of water at this point.

With a muddy face and a weary body I trudged on. This towns roads had been turned to sludge from all the Chinese armies passing through. Since that Mulan girl saved China from the Huns and suddenly went rogue, it was tension so sharp a katana wouldn't dent it. Mulan out in the wild with the power to manipulate anybody with only deceit and a clever mind was clearly a threat. A threat to everyone.

It was as I slipped, once again dirtying the front of my shirt that a blast of an armies horn sounded behind me. The Generals Army. With a silent curse I was moving way faster. Slushing through thick mud with ferocity in an attempt to get out of the way but still manage to find food. At least, this would've happened if a fat greasy man hadn't grabbed my arm and yanked me into the shade beside his restaurant. "And what would your name be, beautiful?" He wheezed, red faced enough from the exertion of yanking me out of sight. His fleshy arms were wrapped right around me, his left hand already snaking it's way downward to my behind. "None of your damn business" I spat back as I struggled in his chunky grip.

His face contorted in disgust and swiftly he raised a meaty hand and whipped me across the face. The sting and the sound was enough to draw attention... but with one glance passerby's kept going. A poor, beggar girl getting molested by some middle aged man was none of their concern. Not in the damn slightest.

But with this absolute pig of a male already groping me I tried to scream, to drag attention towards us. "Somebody hel-!" I didn't get to finish my sentence before another fist collided with my face and I was sent sprawling onto the alley floor. The male kicked a heavy booted foot right into my stomach. "You dare disgrace me? Woman!? I decide that you are worth my time and you decide to try and get me arrested!?" More kicks to my stomach and another meaty punch to my cheek. "You cow! Your not equal to the damn dirt on my shoe!" He continued to roar his outlandish insults, kicking, bruising my body all over. I could feel bones snapping and fracturing. I knew my skin would be painted in blues and greens. But it was the dimming of the light, and me slowly slipping out of consciousness that frightened me most.

A couple minutes later I'd given up hope. This is it. This is where I, Y/N, die a lonely miserable life.

As the fat man whom had been mercilessly beating the living daylights out of me moved to land a strong kick to my skull, he was thrown to the ground with a left hook from a muscular man in- in a... in a Generals uniform.

Good spirits above it's General Shang.

I wish the guy had of killed me after all.

But the General gave no heed to my broken body on the cobble. No, he was focused on teaching the perverted male a lesson. After the General had made the restauranteur blacker and bluer than I currently was, he spoke in a even voice. "If I catch a whisper of you setting your gaze on another woman in a malicious way, your dead." And with a sweep of a scarlet cape the General turned on the male and ignored his laboured breaths. The fat pig must of gotten the hint, before he rolled away out of sight and away to the shadows of a perverted mind.

The General came straight to me, as he kneeled, he undid his cloak around his neck and laid it over my shivering, bruised and dirty body. I shook my head, this wasn't right. The General shouldn't be assisting a peasant girl let alone be laying his cloak around her. Such things were frowned deeply upon. "S-Sir it's fine. Thank you but I'll be fine from here.." I gave a half hearted smile, it was too much effort to even see. Slower than a snail, I lifted my chest off the ground and attempted to heave myself up. Grimacing, and a firm hand clutched around my wounded stomach and ignoring the throbbing pain in my jaw and cheek. The General became frantic. "It's not fine." He said- "I insist you allow me to see you to better health, at least get you medical assistance and new clothes" he gave a frown to my ragged garments and my swelling face. But his ebony eyes slipped to my arms clutching my stomach. I hadn't even realized that the Generals cape had slipped off my shoulders. "Is there something wrong with your stomach?" He questioned, raven haired eyebrows furrowing. I shook my head, my face contorted in pain. As I gaped my mouth open, about to insist I'd be alright, I tipped closer to the ground and a black void of unconsciousness attacked me with an open hand.