00

Prologue

If you were to write down every single problem pertaining to the Hargreeves children, you would have a list 1 mile long and 13 inches wide.

Half of it would be amassed Daddy issues and the other half would be something along the lines of 'repressed emotional tendencies.' Which, as any competent therapist could tell you, were the effects of the amassed Daddy issues.

But, if you were to ask one particular Hargreeves child what they thought on the matter- they would vehemently deny anything that said their family wasn't perfectly lovely. (Especially when it was about the grouchy fifth child of the bunch.)

This child was Winnie Hargreeves. She was the 8th miracle baby adopted by the eccentric billionaire, Sir Reginald Hargreeves.

A girl who's identity was tied almost extensively to her infamous ignorance- most prominently by those of the public who had personally read Vanya Hargreeves Autobiography.

What else but ignorance, could explain why little Winnie Hargreeves continued to love her family with such ferocious tenacity as she did? You cant love monsters if you truely knew them! You had to be too dumb.

But you see- and listen close- the big secret of this little story and why it plays out the way it does, is... Winnie Hargreeves wasn't stupid.

Winnie Hargreeves, in the most fundamental description of herself, did not see the mile long, 13 inch wide list of problems as problems.

She saw those aforementioned 'flaws' clear as the next person, but she would never define them as anything but candid character traits that made her beloved family who they were. Call it an optimistic mindset.

Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing was a different matter.

All you know for sure is that this is a love story about a supposed 'ignorant' girl and little Number Five.

Enjoy!

disclaimer: this can and will get a little dirty. its how i think the concept of this character would play out in the UA universe. thank you!