Chapter 5

"Pain don't hurt the same, I knowThe lane I travel feels aloneBut I'm moving 'til my legs give outAnd I see my tears melt in the snow

The lane I travel feels alone
But I'm moving 'til my legs give out
And I see my tears melt in the snow."

Archer's POV

Archer's POV

Sitting at my piano, I sighed as my hands went over the keys playing the notes. In my spare time, I would sit at my desk and create different songs to play... Most of them extraordinarily dark or bone-chilling. Whenever I was unoccupied, I found myself on the piano or violin. Not that I particularly enjoy the violin. When I was younger, Kimiko would take violin lessons, and Delilah would come along to either watch or simply to pick her up at the end.

For some reason, the second I heard of that, I asked my father for violin lessons. Did I mean to excel at the instrument? Of course not. I remember solely going for the pure reason of seeing her. Sterling believes I had a problem at the time, but I didn't see it. All I wanted to do was get closer to her and for some reason, still to this day.. it's still my goal.

It was crazy how much she took a toll on my life. She was all I thought about morning and night and is the cause of my anger and happiness.

I turned the page of my self made collection of sheet music and stumbled on the page that read 'Delilah'. Yes, I most certainly wrote a song about her.. multiple actually. Many sounding sweet others sounding dark and a few with a bit of.. sensuality. The one I saw in front of me had a beautiful dark theme to it. I placed my hands on the keys and let the music fill my ears and enter my 'empty' soul.

 I placed my hands on the keys and let the music fill my ears and enter my 'empty' soul